Which band or artist presented you to rock?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Which band or artist presented you to rock?

fretsmith

Beatles/Kiss

George and John got me listening to guitar but I'd have to say Ace Frehley had the most influence on what sort of a guitar player I would become. If I had to list my 100 favorite guitar solos at least 20 of them would be the Beatles.

Beatles/Kiss

George and John got me listening to guitar but I'd have to say Ace Frehley had the most influence on what sort of a guitar player I would become. If I had to list my 100 favorite guitar solos at least 20 of them would be the Beatles.

Danny McMartin

Change the course of your life...

The Beatles – Fool On The Hill

Discovered as a very young kid searching through my dad’s record collection. Talk about a simple act that changes the course and interest in your life! : )

Followed up a few years later seeing the:

Guns n’ Roses film clip ‘You Could Be Mine’. I thought I need to get in on this!

Change the course of your life...

The Beatles – Fool On The Hill

Discovered as a very young kid searching through my dad’s record collection. Talk about a simple act that changes the course and interest in your life! : )

Followed up a few years later seeing the:

Guns n’ Roses film clip ‘You Could Be Mine’. I thought I need to get in on this!

RussellNelson

Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet, when I was a toddler. I loved all of the 80 hair metal :) These days I like to play pop-punk and alternative rock music. Also have a country cover band that's fun. But I still love a good hair metal band.

Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet, when I was a toddler. I loved all of the 80 hair metal :) These days I like to play pop-punk and alternative rock music. Also have a country cover band that's fun. But I still love a good hair metal band.

jkrockone

The Eagles

I was lucky enough to grow up during the seventies, and at age 12, The Eagles came out with Peaceful Easy Feeling and Taking It Easy. Loved Berne Leadon and then of course the great Don Felder. Oh to play guitar like that and even more so, to be able to write music that is historically brilliant.

The Eagles

I was lucky enough to grow up during the seventies, and at age 12, The Eagles came out with Peaceful Easy Feeling and Taking It Easy. Loved Berne Leadon and then of course the great Don Felder. Oh to play guitar like that and even more so, to be able to write music that is historically brilliant.

phillybeatle

Beatles/ Who

I was the youngest by six years in my house. With that said I grew listening to old school country, Elvis the Beatles ( mom, aunt and sisters) and Zep ( brother) when I got my first stereo eight track player the first eight track I bought was the Beatles 62-66 that was in August of 74, that fall a classmate turned me on to the "Who" so I give it a tie, the Beatles and the Who.

Beatles/ Who

I was the youngest by six years in my house. With that said I grew listening to old school country, Elvis the Beatles ( mom, aunt and sisters) and Zep ( brother) when I got my first stereo eight track player the first eight track I bought was the Beatles 62-66 that was in August of 74, that fall a classmate turned me on to the "Who" so I give it a tie, the Beatles and the Who.

JeffS65

Full Access

Originally Posted by: Neal
My buddy had Women and Children First and put "And The Cradle Will Rock" on the turntable, I've been hooked ever since.

For my money 'Women and Children First' was the best. Though 'Fair Warning' had 'Unchained' and was one of my faves. Aw heck...Gimme I, II, WCF and FW and I'll be happy ;)

I lost my Van Halen-ginity with 'Runnin' with the Devil'....

Originally Posted by: Neal
My buddy had Women and Children First and put "And The Cradle Will Rock" on the turntable, I've been hooked ever since.

For my money 'Women and Children First' was the best. Though 'Fair Warning' had 'Unchained' and was one of my faves. Aw heck...Gimme I, II, WCF and FW and I'll be happy ;)

JeremyRodriguez

Well I used to hate rock as a kid, until I started listening to System of a Down. Their Toxicity album introduced me to everything rock. lol

Well I used to hate rock as a kid, until I started listening to System of a Down. Their Toxicity album introduced me to everything rock. lol

Neal Walter

GuitarTricks Channel Host

Originally Posted by: JeffS65

totally agree!
Neal
GT Channel Host
[/COLOR]
http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/

Originally Posted by: JeffS65

totally agree!
Neal
GT Channel Host
[/COLOR]
http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/

AndreLyles

Guitar Hero

I remember I got into rock by playing guitar hero. However, I think the first band that I started listening to a lot of was Coheed and Cambria, followed by RHCP, Muse, and then Rage Against The Machine.

Guitar Hero

I remember I got into rock by playing guitar hero. However, I think the first band that I started listening to a lot of was Coheed and Cambria, followed by RHCP, Muse, and then Rage Against The Machine.

BBMAC

My sister was ten years older than myself (still is, weird hey!) and really groovy (that's the word people used back then,or "hip" and "far out man")...I'd heard her play a few 45's (Stones, Beatles, and ?)...but when I was around 6 yrs. old, she bought the double live album (LP) "Joe Cocker Mad Dogs and Englishman", that blew me away, 'still love it...that style of music is now making a comeback it's so good. When I was 8 yrs. old she gave me Led Zeppelin III, a Deep Purple album, Mamas and the Papas,and CCR (Willy and the Poor Boys)...ironically no one would play CCR with me in high-school, everyone wanted to play the hardest raunchiest rock, which is cool but...com'on CCR man. A few years later, the Doors "Weird scenes inside the Goldmine"...might explain a few things...
I think everyone remembers the first time they heard Eddie Van Halen play, I remember it like yesterday (wish it wasn't so long ago) around 35 years ago. I think I lost the thread...what was the question...OK 2,3, hit-it...

My sister was ten years older than myself (still is, weird hey!) and really groovy (that's the word people used back then,or "hip" and "far out man")...I'd heard her play a few 45's (Stones, Beatles, and ?)...but when I was around 6 yrs. old, she bought the double live album (LP) "Joe Cocker Mad Dogs and Englishman", that blew me away, 'still love it...that style of music is now making a comeback it's so good. When I was 8 yrs. old she gave me Led Zeppelin III, a Deep Purple album, Mamas and the Papas,and CCR (Willy and the Poor Boys)...ironically no one would play CCR with me in high-school, everyone wanted to play the hardest raunchiest rock, which is cool but...com'on CCR man. A few years later, the Doors "Weird scenes inside the Goldmine"...might explain a few things...
I think everyone remembers the first time they heard Eddie Van Halen play, I remember it like yesterday (wish it wasn't so long ago) around 35 years ago. I think I lost the thread...what was the question...OK 2,3, hit-it...