Which band or artist presented you to rock?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Which band or artist presented you to rock?

The Mando

....hmmmm

That would be KISS Alive...a looooong time ago.

....hmmmm

That would be KISS Alive...a looooong time ago.

IzzyPhoreal

I'm just amazed at the diversity of influences that were mentioned.

For me, it all started in 1969. I was a kid working part time at this dry cleaner in Montreal, and the guy who did the pressing brought in Led Zep's first lp.

I was surprised that he actually lent it to me. Brought it home, put in on the record player (google it if you don't know what a recored player is), and I was just blown away. I was a Beatles fan until that day.. But no more, sorry John, Paul, George and Ringo...

When the second album came out and I heard Whole Lotta Love, that is when I really wanted to learn how to play the guitar! Thanks Jimmy Page for your inspiration!

Izzt

I'm just amazed at the diversity of influences that were mentioned.

For me, it all started in 1969. I was a kid working part time at this dry cleaner in Montreal, and the guy who did the pressing brought in Led Zep's first lp.

I was surprised that he actually lent it to me. Brought it home, put in on the record player (google it if you don't know what a recored player is), and I was just blown away. I was a Beatles fan until that day.. But no more, sorry John, Paul, George and Ringo...

When the second album came out and I heard Whole Lotta Love, that is when I really wanted to learn how to play the guitar! Thanks Jimmy Page for your inspiration!

Izzt

rumbled

I suppose it just crept up on me, listening to the tranny and hanging around fairgrounds and dance halls as a schoolkid. The Rock 'n' Roll gave way to the Beatles/Stones, etc., before Dylan grabbed my attention. I stopped going to work, just to wear out those mono LPs.
Samick Greg Bennett Royale, Epiphone SG, Tanglewood LP HV58 and Strat copy, Hondo II Professional, Hofner Shorty.
Peavey Vypyr 30 Modeling amp.

I suppose it just crept up on me, listening to the tranny and hanging around fairgrounds and dance halls as a schoolkid. The Rock 'n' Roll gave way to the Beatles/Stones, etc., before Dylan grabbed my attention. I stopped going to work, just to wear out those mono LPs.
Samick Greg Bennett Royale, Epiphone SG, Tanglewood LP HV58 and Strat copy, Hondo II Professional, Hofner Shorty.
Peavey Vypyr 30 Modeling amp.

Infinite-T

Full Access

In the very early 80's (i was born in 76) I was at a buddy's house. His dad was an old school rocker, wrenching on his Harley in the garage. We walked into the garage one day and Black Sabbath (Dio) "Children of the Sea" was playing LOUD. my buddy, his dad, and I had one of those "rock and roll" moments with a Harley, Dio, and the Sabbath gang... I was maybe 6... but I remember it like yesterday!

In the very early 80's (i was born in 76) I was at a buddy's house. His dad was an old school rocker, wrenching on his Harley in the garage. We walked into the garage one day and Black Sabbath (Dio) "Children of the Sea" was playing LOUD. my buddy, his dad, and I had one of those "rock and roll" moments with a Harley, Dio, and the Sabbath gang... I was maybe 6... but I remember it like yesterday!

Pat Olson

My intro to rock was Edgar Winter band and Pink Floyd. No wonder I get a kick out of synthesizers.......

My intro to rock was Edgar Winter band and Pink Floyd. No wonder I get a kick out of synthesizers.......

Blueaussie

By Far

Boston, man they were great. Just wished they would have put out more albums. Tom Scultz MTI graduate was a master off thier sound done in his basement. I was so saddened by Brad Delp's problems and saw no way out of what demons he was fighting.
Craig.

By Far

Boston, man they were great. Just wished they would have put out more albums. Tom Scultz MTI graduate was a master off thier sound done in his basement. I was so saddened by Brad Delp's problems and saw no way out of what demons he was fighting.
Craig.

Torsten Borg

Probably AC/DC :D

I was an Angus Young fan for a long time when i was a kid :)

Probably AC/DC :D

I was an Angus Young fan for a long time when i was a kid :)

Torsten Borg

Originally Posted by: Blueaussie
Boston, man they were great.

I agree to a 100%.

The self-titled album is sooo goood.

I have the ''Third Stage'' on LP. Awesome stuff! :)

Blessings!
-T

Originally Posted by: Blueaussie
Boston, man they were great.

I agree to a 100%.

The self-titled album is sooo goood.

I have the ''Third Stage'' on LP. Awesome stuff! :)

Blessings!
-T

Mikeri20

Full Access

Boston

My first concert! I felt like i could fly such was the sound!

Boston

My first concert! I felt like i could fly such was the sound!

Neal Walter

GuitarTricks Channel Host

My buddy had Women and Children First and put "And The Cradle Will Rock" on the turntable, I've been hooked ever since.
Neal
GT Channel Host
[/COLOR]
http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/

My buddy had Women and Children First and put "And The Cradle Will Rock" on the turntable, I've been hooked ever since.
Neal
GT Channel Host
[/COLOR]
http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/