Which band or artist presented you to rock?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Which band or artist presented you to rock?

brenoazzi

In my case it was Van Halen.

The year: 1984
The video clip: Jump
My first album: 1984 (Van Halen)
My last album (s): Rolling Stones Discography
:) Azzi.

Be kool and stay free.

In my case it was Van Halen.

The year: 1984
The video clip: Jump
My first album: 1984 (Van Halen)
My last album (s): Rolling Stones Discography
:) Azzi.

Be kool and stay free.

Razbo

Full Access

Van Halen wasn't my introduction, but they changed everything! I still remember the day a friend brought the first album over to practice. It was a mesmerizing experience.

I remember being a early fan of Rush, but it's really hard to say who 'the first' band was.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.

Van Halen wasn't my introduction, but they changed everything! I still remember the day a friend brought the first album over to practice. It was a mesmerizing experience.

I remember being a early fan of Rush, but it's really hard to say who 'the first' band was.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.

SebastBerg

Full Access

Hmmm, it must have been something my father kept putting the record on when I was a kid. I think it's Mylon Lefevre and broken hearts or something like that.
It's a Christian rock band that my father kept putting day after day.
They where pretty good actually. That Mylon Lefevre guy even wrote songs for more famous artist like Elvis.
- Seb
http://www.sebastienberger.com

Hmmm, it must have been something my father kept putting the record on when I was a kid. I think it's Mylon Lefevre and broken hearts or something like that.
It's a Christian rock band that my father kept putting day after day.
They where pretty good actually. That Mylon Lefevre guy even wrote songs for more famous artist like Elvis.
- Seb
http://www.sebastienberger.com

treeder

Foghat, Boogie Motel. I remember Casey Kasem talking about "Lonesome" Dave Pevrett on AT 40 and thinking this is what I want to do. Third time lucky was my first 45 and I wore out my Boogie Motel 8 track. It's been a life long obsession ever since.

Rock on!

Tim

Foghat, Boogie Motel. I remember Casey Kasem talking about "Lonesome" Dave Pevrett on AT 40 and thinking this is what I want to do. Third time lucky was my first 45 and I wore out my Boogie Motel 8 track. It's been a life long obsession ever since.

Rock on!

Tim

compart1

I guess I have a toss up here.. Could be Elvis or Ricky Nelson.. Back during the transition from saturday night square dances to Friday night sock hop.
Gordon

I guess I have a toss up here.. Could be Elvis or Ricky Nelson.. Back during the transition from saturday night square dances to Friday night sock hop.
Gordon

matonanjin

Maybe Beatles. Maybe Kinks

Maybe it was the Beatles on Ed Sullivan 196? My first introduction to R&R. But in 1965 I was playing bass in a band in high school. It was purely a ploy to get out of the house and drink beer and hopefully meet girls. But then we learned "All of the Day and all of the Night" by the Kinks. The first song that really moved me to want to learn.

Maybe Beatles. Maybe Kinks

Maybe it was the Beatles on Ed Sullivan 196? My first introduction to R&R. But in 1965 I was playing bass in a band in high school. It was purely a ploy to get out of the house and drink beer and hopefully meet girls. But then we learned "All of the Day and all of the Night" by the Kinks. The first song that really moved me to want to learn.

hunter1801

Friend I took guitar lessons with told me about some band called Metallica when I was in the 6th grade. Went to the Wherehouse (RIP) and picked up the Black Album, just because I thought it had a cool looking cover.

Been a metalhead ever since.

Friend I took guitar lessons with told me about some band called Metallica when I was in the 6th grade. Went to the Wherehouse (RIP) and picked up the Black Album, just because I thought it had a cool looking cover.

Been a metalhead ever since.

RickBlacker

Kiss Alive II
Ricks Current Mystery Video - Updated Monday March/02/2015

Kiss Alive II
Ricks Current Mystery Video - Updated Monday March/02/2015

JeffS65

Full Access

My first 45 was Elton John - Crocodile Rock. Still love the song. Elton was pretty good in the 70's

In '75, I got my second album (my first was Grand Funk - Shinin' On). That second album was was important because it was a gift for my birthday. It was ZZ Top - Fandango. Which I love to this day -but- a friend offered to trade me for my Fandango by offering the Kiss - Originals set...That would a set of Self Titled, Hotter than Hell and Dressed to Kill....I took that trade....and the following year for my birthday.....I got ZZ Top - Fandango...

Life is good sometimes........

My first 45 was Elton John - Crocodile Rock. Still love the song. Elton was pretty good in the 70's

In '75, I got my second album (my first was Grand Funk - Shinin' On). That second album was was important because it was a gift for my birthday. It was ZZ Top - Fandango. Which I love to this day -but- a friend offered to trade me for my Fandango by offering the Kiss - Originals set...That would a set of Self Titled, Hotter than Hell and Dressed to Kill....I took that trade....and the following year for my birthday.....I got ZZ Top - Fandango...

Life is good sometimes........

maggior

My first exposure to rock was on the radio back in the early 70's. I can remember recording songs off the radio as young as 7. Styx "Lady" and Argent's "Hold Your Head Up" remind me of that time. I also remember loving "Band on the Run" and "Live and Let Die" by Wings on the radio.

At the age of 10 I made my first record purchase of Queen "news of the world" and Billy Joel "The Stranger". I had to make a hard decision between those and The Beatles "Blue Album" (1967-1970). Third one was Aerosmith "Toys in the Attic".

At the age of 9, a friend of the family's introduced me to The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, and The Moody Blues to name a few.

I started to learn guitar in 1980. It's interesting to think back and not be able to pinpoint a particular artist that inspired me to learn guitar. The desire to learn stemmed from a general love of music...and attract girls.
Go here to check out some of my playing
Go here to check out some of my duo's work

My first exposure to rock was on the radio back in the early 70's. I can remember recording songs off the radio as young as 7. Styx "Lady" and Argent's "Hold Your Head Up" remind me of that time. I also remember loving "Band on the Run" and "Live and Let Die" by Wings on the radio.

At the age of 10 I made my first record purchase of Queen "news of the world" and Billy Joel "The Stranger". I had to make a hard decision between those and The Beatles "Blue Album" (1967-1970). Third one was Aerosmith "Toys in the Attic".

At the age of 9, a friend of the family's introduced me to The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, and The Moody Blues to name a few.

I started to learn guitar in 1980. It's interesting to think back and not be able to pinpoint a particular artist that inspired me to learn guitar. The desire to learn stemmed from a general love of music...and attract girls.
Go here to check out some of my playing
Go here to check out some of my duo's work