Rolling stone readers pick u2 album as 80's best

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Rolling stone readers pick u2 album as 80's best

carlos-k

In a recent Rolling Stone readers poll, U2 took top honors for the Best Album of the 80s with their hit The Joshua Tree. Said to be a close race, the band beat out some of the top acts of all time, including Michael Jackson and Prince.

The Top 10 are as follows:

1. U2, The Joshua Tree
2. Guns N’ Roses, Appetite for Destruction
3. Michael Jackson, Thriller
4. Bruce Springsteen, Born In The U.S.A.
5. Prince, Purple Rain
6. AC/DC, Back In Black
7. The Smiths, The Queen Is Dead
8. The Clash, London Calling
9. The Cure, Disintegration
10. Metallica, Master of Puppets

In a recent Rolling Stone readers poll, U2 took top honors for the Best Album of the 80s with their hit The Joshua Tree. Said to be a close race, the band beat out some of the top acts of all time, including Michael Jackson and Prince.

The Top 10 are as follows:

1. U2, The Joshua Tree
2. Guns N’ Roses, Appetite for Destruction
3. Michael Jackson, Thriller
4. Bruce Springsteen, Born In The U.S.A.
5. Prince, Purple Rain
6. AC/DC, Back In Black
7. The Smiths, The Queen Is Dead
8. The Clash, London Calling
9. The Cure, Disintegration
10. Metallica, Master of Puppets

JonChorba

Overall, I respect that list. My 1 and 2 would be Appetite and Master. All great records though!
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!

Overall, I respect that list. My 1 and 2 would be Appetite and Master. All great records though!
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!

JJ90

Haha I exactly agree with JonChorba. My number one would be Master of Puppets, followed by Appetite for Destruction. Number three would be Back in Black for me. I even like Michael Jackson's thriller really much. Even though I'm not much of a pop music listener, I make an exception for MJ, I find him exceptionally good.

Haha I exactly agree with JonChorba. My number one would be Master of Puppets, followed by Appetite for Destruction. Number three would be Back in Black for me. I even like Michael Jackson's thriller really much. Even though I'm not much of a pop music listener, I make an exception for MJ, I find him exceptionally good.

Dan Acheron

I agree this is a pretty good list. Like Jon, my 1 and 2 would be Appetite and Masters of Puppets. Appetite for Destruction is still one of my favorite albums today!

I agree this is a pretty good list. Like Jon, my 1 and 2 would be Appetite and Masters of Puppets. Appetite for Destruction is still one of my favorite albums today!

grey68

Full Access

I admit it is a good list.
I would have:
The Cure Disintergation
The Smiths The Queen is Dead (actually I would meat is murder)
Michael Jackson Thriller
Prince Purple Rain
U2 The Joshua Tree (although I like The unforgettable fire better)

The Clash London Calling

I admit it is a good list.
I would have:
The Cure Disintergation
The Smiths The Queen is Dead (actually I would meat is murder)
Michael Jackson Thriller
Prince Purple Rain
U2 The Joshua Tree (although I like The unforgettable fire better)

The Clash London Calling