Hai :3

Stiffshift
Stiffshift
01/09/2022 5:00 am

Greetings from Australia, Stiff here. *waves*

I have decided to jump in head first and try to learn. Signed up a couple of days ago and now it is the weekend, have been watching the level one fundamental videos and whining to everyone who will listen that my fingers hurt, jks

# 1
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
01/09/2022 11:06 am

We were once all complete beginners.

Days of frustration when middle finger won't go on the right string or fret, ring finger seems to have a mind of its own, pinkie finger is rebelling against the rest, and Barre chords appear to be something only other people can manage are distant memories for me, but I know persistence is the key to improvement.

Try to avoid picking up bad habits; getting them is sooooo easy, but breaking them can take years.

Enjoy, and don't worry about the fingers hurting a little. Callouses soon build up. Just don't overdo anything (and the one thing I advise is start on the fifth fret instead of the first when you find the spider exercise, then work towards starting from the first fret over a period of a few weeks - that will make sense when you find the exercise somewhere in the foundation course).

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/10/2022 5:36 pm

Welcome to the Guitar Tricks forum! Here you will be able to chat with other students and teachers, and ask questions to help you on your guitar journey. Enjoy Guitar Tricks!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.