Hello from the UK

martobluesman
martobluesman
07/22/2021 2:46 pm

I am from Toronto Ontario Canada originally, so any Canadians here

I am giving this site a look for 30 days see how I like it, so far a mix bag of nuts to perfectly honest, but it's early days still,

I started to play a few years ago at the age of 53, mostly online learning , the online learning has not given me the structure that I needed. I know a bit of everything but I do have many holes in my development,

I honestly don't know where to start, I have seen a few lessons, I was a bit on the fence with the instruction quality,

But I will give it a full 30 days to convince me to continue on, i do see some great stuff on here though, and some great features.

I would love to practice with others in my age group and just starting also, if anyone is interested there is Zoom and other mediums that can be used,

Time to practice now

Cheers

# 1
LynnS1951
LynnS1951
07/23/2021 1:32 am

Hi Mart, I'm up the road from you and an hour north of Kingston. I'm pushing seventy and started cold here almost four months ago. I'm thrilled with what my fingers will do. The Guitar Fundamentals lessons have been just perfect for me. I did skip over the melody section because I had no calluses yet, so after I finish the rest of the chords section, I'll probably go back and do that.

I tried to teach myself piano for two years with poor results. Then I found a program online and its teacher and I dug right in. I have a lot of patience and discipline which seem to go a long way toward making up for the talent I lack. I figured the guitar would allow me to work at a less rigourous level, provide the instant gratification of strumming along to 'real songs' and also help improve my sense of rhythm. All that has come true and more.[br][br]

I think my low expectations and high motivation work in my favour.[br][br]

# 2
martobluesman
martobluesman
07/23/2021 10:29 am

My late mum was trained in Piano, but she never forgotten her theory and basics ,

I am starting to warm up to this site, since my learning has been all over the shop mostly from online teachers I am close to an Intermediate level but realized there is few holes that I need to work on,

What I have seen from this site is there is a good structure for beginners, just keep working on it , but have fun don't get discouraged, we are doing it for fun for the love of the instrument ,

I am familar with Hull drove across that bridge a few times, I have also been to Staithe lovely little town, I love Yorkshire, espeically going towards the coast,

My name is Brian thaks for repsonse back to practicing , once I get the itch to practice I don't come out of the mancave for hours , it's the ADD in me I guess, :)

# 3
Blakeney8
Full Access
Blakeney8
Full Access
07/29/2021 12:57 am

Welcome! Give Lisa's level 2 lessons a go since you got the basics down. Give her a fair amount of time each day to learn a new skill and some basic theory. In the mean time connect with other members and learn some songs. That's the fun part.

Good luck!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.