Hello from Tennessee, USA

wkilleffer
Full Access
wkilleffer
Full Access
06/25/2021 1:40 am

Hello everyone,

I've been on here for awhile, but just now discovered the forum. I'm going to get back to the Guitar Fundamentals lessons and complete that course soon.

I'm from Southeast Tennessee in the USA, about two hours south of Nashville, which is the C&W capitol over here. The music scene up there is actually quite diverse and historic. Nashville's known for being the home of the "Grand Ol' Opry," which is the longest-running radio program of its type. On a clear night, I can pick it up on WSM 650AM.

-William

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/28/2021 4:54 pm

Welcome to the Guitar Tricks forum! Here you will find students and teachers who will discuss everything guitar with you! Enjoy Guitar Tricks.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/29/2021 1:28 am

Welcome William,

I am not sure exactly exactly where your local is, but I used to travel to TN quite a bit on business, into and around Chattanooga. Beautiful area and the people were very welcoming.

Best of luck with your studies!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
rwr01
rwr01
07/02/2021 11:50 pm

Hi, I'm Rob and I'm in Knoxville, East Tennessee.

# 4
Isaacs87
Isaacs87
07/06/2021 12:24 am
Originally Posted by: William MG

Welcome William,

I am not sure exactly exactly where your local is, but I used to travel to TN quite a bit on business, into and around Chattanooga. Beautiful area and the people were very welcoming.

Haha I live in Chattanooga. When I read this thread I thought to myself "Southeast Tennessee two hours away from nashville, man is this guy close to me." Anyways, welcome to GT wkilleffer!

# 5
wkilleffer
Full Access
wkilleffer
Full Access
07/06/2021 6:40 pm
Originally Posted by: Isaacs87
Originally Posted by: William MG

Welcome William,

Haha I live in Chattanooga. When I read this thread I thought to myself "Southeast Tennessee two hours away from nashville, man is this guy close to me." Anyways, welcome to GT wkilleffer!

Heheh, you got me!

# 6
martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
07/09/2021 4:10 pm

I haven't been ot Nashville in a few years, but after reading this thread, all I can think about is sitting at the bar at Robert's Western World listening to the house band play Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline.

It's Nashville, so of course the "house band" is a bunch of session muscians making pin money between gigs, and they are insanely tight, like they've been playing together for twenty years, and the songs are all classics and standards, so you know them by heart, and there is no cover charge, but when they pass the hat at the end of the set you're so happy you drop a twenty into it . . .

=Keith

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.