hI , I am Colin from the UK

merlin_design
Full Access
merlin_design
Full Access
05/19/2021 10:52 am

Hi.

Joined this course yesterday, after many years of trying to find the time to learn guitar. I have a Burns Marquue club series electric and a Lindo semi accoustic. In a few weeks I take deleivery of a Fender FSR Stratocaster Tribute (fiesta red), which I bought on impulse.

Over the years I have had a squire strat and a Thunder 1A, but never got to learn, due to running my own design company.

After being diagnosed with Cancer last year, I thought I better get my skates on and learn before its too late.

With this and working and riding my Triumph Daytona 955i , I think I am filling my time well :)

# 1
pupsmom61
Full Access
pupsmom61
Full Access
05/20/2021 1:12 am

Hi Colin,

Welcome! You have come to the right place to learn! I've been using GT for a month or so and have learned a lot. I finished the first course last night and plan to start the 2nd one in a few days. Sounds like you're a busy guy, but your practice sessions don't have to be long...just consistent. It will be fun playing with that new red guitar! :) Good luck..

# 2
RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
05/20/2021 4:01 am

Hi Colin, I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I hope your time learning here is productive and fullfilling! You should post a picture of your red stratocaster when you get it (if pictures will work here). All the best!

# 3
DirkGabriel
Full Access
DirkGabriel
Full Access
05/20/2021 9:38 am

Hi Colin,

Sorry to hear about your diagnose. I hope eventually everthing turns out well for you.

Playing guitar is certainly remedial. For me, it calms me down and puts a hold on my turbulent thoughts. Besides that, my Triumph Bonneville T120 is always waiting for me for a ride .

Good luck,

Dirk.

# 4
rwr01
rwr01
06/10/2021 3:52 am

Hi Colin,

Rob here (originally from Scotland, now living in the USA). So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but it sounds like you have the right attitude to ride it out and hopefully beat it.

Burns guitars, wow, that brings back memories. Sounds like your may own one of the modern incarnations of Burns guitars, but I remember the originals from the 1960s, along with Watkins (WEM) Rapiers, sparkly Vox guitars and Dan-Electros.

The Strat's a great and versatile guitar; I used to have a USA made Fender Strat back in the seventies (wish I'd kept it) but now own a customized G&L Legacy Tribute which is similar. ' Also have a Gretsch G2420 arch top.

I see we share an interest in motorcycling. I've had a couple of Triumphs (Bonneville and America LT), a Suzuki GSX650F (called a Bandit in the UK I think) and a couple of Hondas but current bike is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT which drives like a car, but is great for two-up.

Anyway, welcome to Guitar Tricks Old Boy.

# 5
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
05/27/2022 2:32 pm

Hi Merlin - welcome! I've been here just over a year and love it.

# 6
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
05/28/2022 6:18 pm
Originally Posted by: merlin_design

With this and working and riding my Triumph Daytona 955i , I think I am filling my time well :)

Wow, you have a spirit for adventure; I admire that. Welcome to the GT community, from a fellow Brit :)

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.