Hello everyone

malcolm.king
malcolm.king
04/26/2021 1:45 pm
Originally Posted by: malcolm.king

Hello, I just joined not long ago, even though, I have joined since 2019 it's taken forever to sign up properly due to other things.

I don't know where I am with my guitar so I thought I be a complete novice even though, I do know the frets, strings and so on.

What I do strugggle with, stringing the guitar, what it means by half tuning down, or full tuning down. Therefore, I thought I learn everything from scratch.

I did have guitar lessons but I felt it was a waste of time as the teacher wrote me cords and told me here's how to play now you practice at home. Half of the time I didn't know what the song was. I didn't know if I was playing correctly or incorrectly.

Hence I decided to use this and see what I can get out.

I wanted to play the guitar as a child but my father wouldn't let me, instead he got me a recorder and I had to learn on that, I got bored of it as it was something I didn't want to do. My dad was worried I would be in a rock band and well, I think what is wrong with a child wanting to be in a rock band if that was my choice? Now as middle aged I really want to learn to play, I'm like kind of like I'm too old for this. Especially with poor vision too. I never really had the help or support to guide me through playing. I hope this site gives me that.

Thank you.

Malcolm

# 1
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
04/26/2021 6:11 pm

Hi Malcolm,

Welcome to GT. This is a great site for learning and there`s a good community here where you can reach out to the instructors and fellow players for help and guidance.

Good luck !

# 2
malcolm.king
malcolm.king
04/27/2021 8:50 pm
[quote=moosehockey18]

Hi Malcolm,

Welcome to GT. This is a great site for learning and there`s a good community here where you can reach out to the instructors and fellow players for help and guidance.

Good luck !

Thank you Moose :)

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.