Another New pandemic learner.

panfisher
panfisher
01/03/2021 3:21 pm

Always wanted to play the guitar, but always intimated by it. The pandemic has left me locked up and needing a hobby, so guitar playing is what I've always wanted to do. Only my second day and I've been going through the fundamentals. I am finding it ridiculously basic, which I am VERY grateful for. I feel like a 5 year old trying to learn all over again, but I have learned a GREAT DEAL more that I had browsing the Internet for the last few weeks.

I am very Thankful to have found GuiterTricks. It provides the structure to cover all the details without skipping over the important notes I missed browsing YouTube. Those notes are important and the course goes through them slow enough to learn them as they need to be learned. I've learned more in the last two days than I did the last month browsing the Internet.

Looking forward to begin playing a song or two. Now if I can just get the "Spider Walking" down! The fingers are just now beginning to come along.

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
01/03/2021 8:08 pm

Welcome panfisher

Yeah a lot of info out there on YouTube, but when starting out better to have a structured approach which guitar tricks will give you. Good luck with it. [br][br]

Moe

# 2
panfisher
panfisher
01/04/2021 1:57 pm

Yes, especially wish I'd learned about Guitar Sizing and Nut Size before shopping. I purchased a Narrow Nut Guitar to start and got intimidated in that I could not reach any cords or every cord was fat fingered. I later guessed it might be the Nut Size so I then purchased a cheap nylon string guitar knowing it would have a wide Nut width. Just to see if it really made a difference. Turns out once I learn on the wide nut I can then move over to the Narrow Nut Guitar.

Now I need to sell the Narrow Nut Guitar and find a Wider Nut Steel string that will work. Also now I know if I can "Spider Walk" a guitar I can play it! I'll be looking for a Parlor Guitar with a wide nut to play (and "Spider Walk") before purchase.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.