Drummer learning guitar!

albertparrot
albertparrot
01/03/2021 1:43 am

Hey all,

I'm Jen and I have played drums for most of my life. Looking forward to being able to write music plus play along with my favorites -- Eagles, Don Henley, Bob Seger, and wait for it....the Bee Gees!!

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
01/03/2021 1:54 am

Hi Jen

Interesting. Lived the Bee Gees years and loved them. Seeing the Bee Gees in concert in their early days, I don't recall seeing a drummer in the act after Col Petersen left, but they must have had loads of them including regular Steve Rucker much later.

Some drummers are so truly memorable members of any band who are just a perfect fit. Standouts who instantly come to mind for me are of course, Ritchie alia "Ringo", Simon Kirke of Free, Martin Chambers of The Pretenders, and Cesar Zuiderwijk of Golden Earring.

Welcome aboard. I still hold a love of drums from my teen snare drum years. Never played a set though.

Cheers!

manXcat

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/03/2021 1:24 pm

Hi and welcome Jen.

Ive often thought starting out on the drums as a 1st instrument would help develop a person's timing. I think you will do very well with guitar and best of luck with your song writing. It's great fun and an excellent learning tool.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
theMolster
theMolster
01/03/2021 4:12 pm

Hi Jen, good luck with it all!

I bought meself a set of Roland e-drums for Chirstmas and aboslutely love them!

I'm considering joining Drumeo because I don't want to make the same mistake I made on guitar and waste a year or so trawling YouTube for sub-standard videos before joining GT.

I know this is not a drumming forum but do you think Drumeo would be a good option? Got to say, it's a great feeling when you can play and hold a groove!

Cheers and as I mentioned, good luck and welcome!

Cheers,

Moles

ps favourite film is Saturday Night Fever so love the Bee Gees too!

# 4
mjgodin
mjgodin
01/03/2021 8:01 pm

Welcome Jen. [br][br]

Moe

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.