Hi Fellow GT Members

benrking2207
Full Access
benrking2207
Full Access
01/02/2021 4:17 am

I first taught myself bass in high school, gigged off and on from college through the early years of marriage but stopped shortly after the 1st of my 2 sons came into the world. While I continued to occasionally play/practice bass by my lonesome until around 3 years ago, I've always had a really strong desire to learn blues/rock guitar. Now that I'm 51 and the kids are older, the time feels right to finally take the plunge. Despite playing in a number of bands over the years, I think I picked up the guitar only once or twice, so I'm a complete newbie. But, the GT site looks awesome and my new entry-level strat (G&L Tribute S-500) is suppose to arrive in 3 days so I'm really excited to get started. I just hope my finger dexterity and mental capacity are up to the task! See ya around!

# 1
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
01/02/2021 6:16 am

Hiya. Welcome aboard

New guitar day. Yes!

G&L Indonesia make a nice guitar. Nothing shabby about the Tribute S-500 except the price.

In my memory of 51, with realistic expectations as it sounds you have, it shouldn't present any significant encumbrance to physical or mental dexterity for guitar, if realising those 20 year old's motor skills, acquisition rate and reflexes are long gone. Alternative positive attributes will have taken their place though as you doubtless recognise.

Cheers,

manXcat

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.