Hi there and guten Tag

devilmc34
devilmc34
12/18/2020 4:23 pm

I joined GT a while back (2 months or so?), as I dug out my 9 year old Les Paul knockoff.

I started playing (with the help of an actual teacher) 9 years ago and then life happened (2nd kid, new job, 2 moves) and the guitar collected dust in the basement.

I recently dusted if off, had it somewhat adjusted and started practicing again using GT. I found the beginning lessons (playing melodies on individual strings) surprisingly hard but the chord ones that follow after that surprisingly more approachable.

The goal (you may guess that from the electric guitar) is to play rock/hard rock/metal along some songs at one point. I upgraded the amp (mine could literally do nothing apart from "clear" and an overdrive button) and once I get better at playing badly , I may upgrade the guitar to something that has better tone and sustain and overall better quality (my neck pickup sounds rather dull and muted and even after some adjustments the intonation is still off even after being looked at).

But as you all may know - it's usually not the guitar, it is the player ;-)

Regards,

Derek

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/18/2020 6:56 pm

Welcome to the Guitar Tricks Forum! So glad you've dusted off the 'ol thing and saddled back up. Persistence is key when learning guitar. Enjoy the course!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.