Hello from Raleigh NC

dgilliam24
dgilliam24
11/12/2020 6:23 pm

Hi! I'm almost 69, played guitar from age 12 to 23, then life got in the way and I didn't touch it for 45 years or so. Now I'm retired and getting back into it! I was mostly a rhythm guitarist and also sang, throat surgery in 2000 killed what little singing voice I had. I learned on my own, so now that I'm slowly getting my fingers acclimated to the guitar again I'm trying to learn the things I didn't learn then - scales, tabs, fingerstyle, blues, etc - we had no internet in the 60's lol!

I'm enjoying myself so far, things slowly come back to you once you really have time to practice and explore. I love acoustics (actually still have my 1973 Framus Jumbo that I bought in Mannheim Germany in 1973 while in the Army), but I also have an electric (Epiphone SG Muse) that I practice with - without an amp - so I can build up my fingers a little faster.

That's it for the intro - time to practice! :-)

# 1
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
11/13/2020 10:47 am

Welcome! That's so great you're getting back into it. There is so much to be learned here and I'm sure you'll enjoy all the lessons.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.