Hello guys from a 63 year old Irishman.

raynobleman
raynobleman
10/26/2020 6:02 pm

I am 63 year old Irish man just now giving it time to play guitar I have had a few lessons on acoustic guitar and have owned a beautiful cedarwood acoustic guitar for over thirty years It was said to me by a teacher I could make a good guitarist? but I never could make time, life always got in the way? Now I retired early moved to Poland over a year ago, and I have bought a Yamaha APX 600 Vintage White Electro-Acoustic Guiitar and bought a months tutoral of Guitar Tricks to get started and learn this time. My guitar will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday from Germany so I intent to get started when it arrive.

To be able to sing or have a couple of notes in your head would be a great advanage but I have never sung really, I feel it would boost my confidence no end to learn to sing and learning acoustic guitar need you to sing a little?

I now understand every one of us can sing no matter when you start at 63 or 9 years old? OK, the quality will not be the same as starting out at 9 but yes you can sing, everyone can sing so I have been told?

That is one of the things that stopped me proceeding into music, but now I am more determine in myself to learn and with this virus shutting down everything I feel it is a good time to focus and start?

So I await my guitar?

yours

Raymond.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/29/2020 6:51 pm

Hello Raymond! Welcome to Guitar Tricks. Sounds like you are ready to jump into the program. That guitar you are waiting for sounds amazing! Enjoy the course, and please check out the Forum for helpful tips and tricks.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
10/30/2020 9:30 am

Welcome Raymond and congrats on your recent retirement!

I don't sing either but I'm slowly gaining a little confidence to at least try (with some easy songs!)

I agree, with everything going on in the world it is a GREAT time to just sit with your guitar, focus, and play some music.

Enjoy your new guitar and all these greast lessons on here!

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.