New and ready to start learning at the age of 32

kevinfust
kevinfust
08/11/2020 12:59 am

Hi to you all,

I'm Kevin, 32 years old from The Netherlands.

I am a great music lover and I finally decided to focus on learning how to play acoustic guitar and maybe electric later. (better late than never)

My dream is performing with my own songs one day.

Actually I wrote some songs already, but i'm not confident with it yet.

I am in the middle of Guitar Fundamentals 2. And I am enjoying every step I take.

I would love to share my progression without feeling ashamed, but I also like to have some good friends to share music with. Since my current friends are only into the top 40 charts.

I am wide interested in music, but mostly I love listening to Blues/Rock. But I also love indie, soul, jazz, funk, reggae and some pop. If anyone would like to share ideas and songs, send me a message :D I will answer you for sure.

So if you are interested, let me know.

Meanwhile I'm continuing with my journey here :)

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/11/2020 11:11 am
Originally Posted by: kevinfust

I finally decided to focus on learning how to play acoustic guitar and maybe electric later. (better late than never)

[/quote]

Hi Kevin, I started at 55, almost 56. 20 mos in.

Originally Posted by: kevinfust

My dream is performing with my own songs one day.

Actually I wrote some songs already, but i'm not confident with it yet.

I started writing songs a few months ago, it is a great way to learn how the parts fit together. I am not entirely comfortable playing either but I have 2 avenues open to me: I can have talented people record my songs - which I have done and the 2cnd is when I am playing with friends its kind of "you get what you get". The drinks are on the house and there is no charge to use the washroom. I can write songs and can play them, but not like an experienced talented player. And God knows I can't sing - but I do anyway, especially when I am trying to write a song. I can't see anyway around it. If I have something I think is nice I have someone who can actually sing - sing.

[quote=kevinfust]

I would love to share my progression without feeling ashamed, but I also like to have some good friends to share music with.

I think you should share if you are comfortable with it. The forum membership here is quite positive. I know there are some members who are very talented and competitent but most of us are just doing the best we can.

Good luck with your studies.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
kevinfust
kevinfust
08/11/2020 9:26 pm

Thanks a lot William! :)

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/12/2020 12:21 am

You're welcome Kevin, hope it works out for you.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.