Glad to be here & a question

stevebauer1957
stevebauer1957
08/17/2019 10:04 pm

Hi everyone.

I just subscribed to the site about a month ago. I really like what I've found so far. I'm mainly interested in learning specific songs and have completed about a dozen song lessons.

I've been playing guitar - mainly rhythm or fingerstyle - for over 40 years. I've played in about 4 cover bands over the years & I'd describe myself as intermediate to advanced but always willing to learn more guitar tricks & skills.

I do have a question to ask regarding the website [hope this isn't the wrong place for that]. I've been browsing the lists of songs by artists and want to "save" some to come back to later. I tried marking them as "Favorites" but when I go to that list, they are often just listed as "verse" or something that doesn't include the song name so I have to go to each one to find out what it is. Do you have any suggestions on how I can make a "lists" of songs [or lessons] to come back to [without using a pencil and pad]?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/17/2019 10:08 pm

Hi Steve

I use an Excel spreadsheet to log my repertoire and have a link to the play along.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
08/18/2019 12:35 am

Hi Steve... welcome to the forum.

Once again, I ask GT give us the capability to build our own favorites list... the kind of capability that's offered by browsers when building favorites lists.

Let [u]us[/u] manipulate a file system that allows us to name our own file names. Let [u]us[/u] build a list of folders with sub-folders and save to them whatever tutorial or song lesson we want.

Let [u]us[/u] organize our favorites list the way we want. 'Most recent on top' or moving a lesson (often uselessy titlted with a useless title) up and down a large and unorganized list of unrelated lessons just doesn't get it.

I've been asking/suggesting/hoping for such a capability for about five years. I figure I've got another fifteen in me...

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.