HELLO GUITAR WORLD

casper27292
casper27292
08/05/2019 1:43 am

Hello folks, My name is James = (Screen name casper27292)

A little about me

I am 46 years old, A husband of 24 years this Oct 30, and a father of 2 grown children, and a great Uncle of a beautiful little 2 year old I am raising, My dad played the guitar and I was always intriqued by watching him and others play, he taught me a few chords when i was younger, and i could never stick with trying to learn, but for some reason, it's different this time, I feel as if I am more dedicated, I recieved my first guitar about 3 weeks ago through the monster energy promotion, Got me a Schecter diamond series flying V, Hardest guitar ever trying to learn on, mostly uncomfortable because of the shape, so i bought a Fender Squire Stratocaster, and traded for a Oscar Schmidt electric acoustic, So I am in it for the long haul, I am determined to not only be able to play, but to be able to pick a tune and play a solo when i want, I ran across Guitartricks.com and tried their free sessions available, it seemed to be a little helpful, but it was really hard to tell, and i was skeptical about paying for anything online, But I really hope this is what I need to help me progress, Youtube is okay, but it seems every video the person plays a bit different and their chords don't always match and they are contradictive, so here I am. Hopefully it will pay off. we shall see.

But anyways, It's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to engaging in convos with some of you guitar loving folks out their. Have a beautiful month of August and have a blessed and wonderful day

Best regards: James

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."

[br]"Jimi Hendrix"

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/05/2019 4:49 pm

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing your story and trying Guitartricks! So to be clear, do you now have a Squier and an Oscar Schmidt? I started playing on a Squier Strat and it was great!

Let us know if you have any questions!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
casper27292
casper27292
08/06/2019 1:03 am

Yes I do have a Squire Strat, and an Oscar Schmidt, and a Schecter and a

Rogue RA-090, I am trying to find the best one suited for me being a beginner and trying to learn, playing a guitar has always sparked an interest, but here recently, it seems as if it has just hit me with a passion. I am so excited to learn to play and it actually soiund like a song. :)

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."

[br]"Jimi Hendrix"

# 3
manXcat
manXcat
08/06/2019 3:51 am

Hi James,

Not that I'm one in any position to criticise GAS, but achieving the objective you state as your current primary objective has everything to do with just getting stuck into & focussing upon the doing with any guitar which fits more than anything else.

[br]It doesn't need to be expensive.

[br]I have a bevy of instruments to choose from, but the honest to goodness truth is my USD $66 'Aldicaster' would be just fine for that and is for much much more. Personally having played both, I think it's a better player than an (Squier) Affinity Tele. Think Squier Tele Classic Vibe fret finish and tones, but with an Affinity spec. neck profile, nut width & flatter 12.5" radius. I really enjoy playing it and often choose it from my 'armoury'.

So just pick one that fits, set it up and put your energy into doing with GT. Truthfully, IMV your Squier Strat will do the job you need to just fine. Here's Dave reviewing the capability of humble Bullet Strat. Instrument = weak link = no.

The motivation to persist through adversity, has to come from within and is driven by really enjoying the doing IMV. Success follows which reinforces enthusiasm which in turn revolves as a perpetual cycle. That's the key I've discovered is working for me ...seemingly effortlessly.

[br]GL with it all, and most of all enjoy the challenges which will come.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.