Converted Bassist

calebnw
calebnw
06/11/2019 3:50 am

Picked up a bass guitar 3 1/2 years ago with a desire to learn an instrument (I’m about to be 32). Took lessons, became decent, started playing live and now I’m in a band that gigs regularly. Never would’ve thought I’d do this as a life long sports athlete and a self proclaimed “non-musician”... but here we are and I’m loving it.

Anyway, I’ve always had an itch to play 6 string. Got one in HS and never committed to learning. Well I’m at a point now where the Bass is fun but I wanna learn Lead guitar.

So I have a nice acoustic and just picked up an Epi LP100 to practice electric. I love the electric much more than acoustic so far. I feel In the very short time I’ve been on this website I’ve progressed significantly. Love the lessons and can’t wait to see where the future takes me.

I’m practicing through a tiny Roland Cube 15 right now but I want something slightly larger and nicer. I have a few hundred to throw at an amp. I figure once I have 9-12 months of solid playing under my belt I’ll start shopping for my first big guitar purchase. Thanks for any amp

suggestions!

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/11/2019 11:31 am

Hi Caleb

I don't feel comfortable giving any specific recommendations but I can offer from experience that if you ever plan to gig with others and a drummer is involved, you will want something that can keep up with the drummer.

Other than that, gear is always a fun topic and I am personally hooked as I suspect many others are. I am fairly active in our local music swaps buying and selling. Mostly because I like gear, am curious and buying and selling used is a good way to do it.

So, when you are ready to make a purchase I would suggest to consider a good used unit and if you like it keep it and if you don't sell it and try something new... rinse and repeat:)

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.