Here I go again

Wonderbugg
Wonderbugg
11/26/2011 8:35 am
Hello, all. My name is Brandon and I live in Louisville, KY. I am 45 years old and started playing guitar at the age of 7. By the time I was 12, I was in bands that did covers at High Schools, rec centers, etc. I played in many different bands and actually did some studio tracks for some of the more popular rock/hair metal bands of the mid-late 80's. When I was 32, I had an accident that all but took away use of my left hand. After 13 years and 17 different surgeries + 2 years of physical therapy, I now have full use of my hand and am picking up guitar again. I'm still amazed at how much I remember...and how much I've forgotten. I had no idea where to start since I still know most of the scales, but my speed is that of a 1st year player again. Chord switching is also a chore, but it is coming along. I seem to have completely forgotten how to do the 'squeals'..or as most of you know them as - Pinch Harmonics. Anyways, I'm starting back with the Core Learning and moving steadily along.
# 1
SebastBerg
Full Access
SebastBerg
Full Access
11/26/2011 1:35 pm
Great stuff. I'm happy for you and I wish you all the best.
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/29/2011 12:45 am
Wow! Excited to have you starting your new journey with us Wonderbugg! Best of luck to you and welcome back. Excited to see (and maybe hear) your progress. :D
Douglas Showalter
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.