Greetings from San Francisco.

che25
che25
09/26/2011 2:51 pm
What a wonderful piece of web technology you have here. Guitar Tricks is a fantastic site. I've been playing and studying guitar for many years, there is always something new to learn. I've formally studied guitar at some of the great and affordable music schools here in San Francisco, Blue Bear School of music and Community Music Center. This approach has given me the tools to play in some really good jazz ensembles. In the process of deconstructing Jazz, I've missed some of the great rock material out there. I really love your lessons on "Surf" guitar, I just love those minor key centers and flat 3rds. I'm looking forward to the lessons on Django Reinhardt.

I'm assuming this is a work in progress and new material is constantly being added. That being said, I would love to see a course on ear training. Some people have a natural talent for this, they are walking tape recorders. Alas, I'm not one of them, I have to work hard at this. I realize you can't do it all, however, an ear training course would be a great addition.

Lastly, kudos to Lisa McCormick and here rap on "The Art of Practice", that was really spot on. You have hired some really good educators. Not everybody can teach the guitar, even if they sound like Wes Montgomery.

Thank for your work and bringing the the gift of music to many people.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/26/2011 7:43 pm
Hi che25,

Thank you so much for the kind words! Welcome to the Guitar Tricks Community!

-GT
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.