Greetings from the Frozen Tundra

truefret
Full Access
truefret
Full Access
08/31/2011 11:38 pm
I'm almost 62, walked away from a real job almost two years ago and opened up a "Guitar Maintenance and Repair" shop here in Wisconsin. I attended Bryan Galloups Lutherie school up in Michigan to get some credentials. I was a drummer for years, but have a pair of bad knees so I gave the drums up. I have always loved the guitar, I have collected several, and built a few. I am self taught as far as playing, and I joined Guitar Tricks to help me get rid of some bad self-taught habits and to get better with the theory side. After all these years - I am still into Rock-n-Roll, and I love the sound of a good tube amp - Off to practice :) I think that you can teach a old guy new tricks, sometimes it just takes a little longer...I'm living proof
# 1
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/01/2011 3:26 am
Welcome to guitartricks Truefret.
Doug
# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/01/2011 9:44 pm
Truefret,

Welcome to Guitar Tricks. We hope you enjoy your time with us! :)

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
jimmitodd
Full Access
jimmitodd
Full Access
09/05/2011 6:26 am
Originally Posted by: truefretI'm almost 62, walked away from a real job almost two years ago and opened up a "Guitar Maintenance and Repair" shop here in Wisconsin. I attended Bryan Galloups Lutherie school up in Michigan to get some credentials. I was a drummer for years, but have a pair of bad knees so I gave the drums up. I have always loved the guitar, I have collected several, and built a few. I am self taught as far as playing, and I joined Guitar Tricks to help me get rid of some bad self-taught habits and to get better with the theory side. After all these years - I am still into Rock-n-Roll, and I love the sound of a good tube amp - Off to practice :) I think that you can teach a old guy new tricks, sometimes it just takes a little longer...I'm living proof

Hi!! I'm from wisconsin too!(Oshkosh). Were's your shop?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.