Favorite gutars?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > Favorite gutars?

DraconusJLM

Full Access

Favourite guitar?

"It's that one. Erm, no, maybe that one and the other one I was just trying in the shop. Oooo, and that one hanging over there. Oh, and I need to get a Les Paul; you know, that black one I saw last week.

"Effect pedals???? Oh, please don't mention those. I have a hard enough time picking guitars....."

Any of that sound familiar???

Six strings, but only four fingers. Twelve simi-tones, but only eight notes to an octive. Part of me thinks mathematicians should steer well clear of guitars.....

Favourite guitar?

"It's that one. Erm, no, maybe that one and the other one I was just trying in the shop. Oooo, and that one hanging over there. Oh, and I need to get a Les Paul; you know, that black one I saw last week.

"Effect pedals???? Oh, please don't mention those. I have a hard enough time picking guitars....."

Six strings, but only four fingers. Twelve simi-tones, but only eight notes to an octive. Part of me thinks mathematicians should steer well clear of guitars.....

Sore.fingers

Full Access

Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

Favourite guitar?

Sounds familiar, but I try to resist that inner voice I'm very happy with my Squier CV 50's telecaster in butterscotch blonde.

Favourite guitar?

Sounds familiar, but I try to resist that inner voice I'm very happy with my Squier CV 50's telecaster in butterscotch blonde.

DraconusJLM

Full Access

I have a butterscotch blonde Tele. Only colour to pick in my opinion

I have a butterscotch blonde Tele. Only colour to pick in my opinion

Jim Stanford

Full Access

Favourite guitar?

ROFL!!! My girlfriend has been trying to get me banned from the local guitar store (I say local as opposed to the big chain stores) because I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go into a guitar shop. She tries watching my internet use for sites like Thomann or Sweetwater. LOL... good luck with that, sweetheart. At least if I am feeding the addiction, in this case, no one but my wallet gets hurt.

I just picked up a Harley Benton version of the old Stratacoustic and I'm loving it. Yes, had to do some minor adjustment work on it, but once done it plays great. Granted, fiberglass isn't as resonant as wood, but for just sitting around noodling and working on ideas it is a great little tool. Oh man, it is LIGHT... running in around 4 lbs as opposed to my LP Juniors which are around 9-10 pounds each... yeah, it's an addiction, no doubt.

2020 Ibanez RG421 w/ Evertune bridge, 2010 Ibanez SA-120 (modded with locking tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups), 2018 Epiphone Les Paul Special, 2019 Yamaha Pacifica 112J, along with several acoustic guitars.

2008 Line 6 POD 2.0, Boss Katana Air, Boss Katana MkII 50-watt.

N-Track 9.1 Digital Audio Workstation software, Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Gen 3.

Mainly into blues and southern rock, but checking out all styles on GuitarTricks.

Favourite guitar?

ROFL!!! My girlfriend has been trying to get me banned from the local guitar store (I say local as opposed to the big chain stores) because I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go into a guitar shop. She tries watching my internet use for sites like Thomann or Sweetwater. LOL... good luck with that, sweetheart. At least if I am feeding the addiction, in this case, no one but my wallet gets hurt.

I just picked up a Harley Benton version of the old Stratacoustic and I'm loving it. Yes, had to do some minor adjustment work on it, but once done it plays great. Granted, fiberglass isn't as resonant as wood, but for just sitting around noodling and working on ideas it is a great little tool. Oh man, it is LIGHT... running in around 4 lbs as opposed to my LP Juniors which are around 9-10 pounds each... yeah, it's an addiction, no doubt.

2020 Ibanez RG421 w/ Evertune bridge, 2010 Ibanez SA-120 (modded with locking tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups), 2018 Epiphone Les Paul Special, 2019 Yamaha Pacifica 112J, along with several acoustic guitars.

2008 Line 6 POD 2.0, Boss Katana Air, Boss Katana MkII 50-watt.

N-Track 9.1 Digital Audio Workstation software, Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Gen 3.

Mainly into blues and southern rock, but checking out all styles on GuitarTricks.

tony.harper

Full Access

What is the best guitar( 1000 or less for a beginner? I have a fender acoustic/electric I bought used for 250 that sounds great but the body is a bit wider than I like. I've been practicing for about 4 months and if I stick with it another 6 I want to upgrade. So many brands / options it's a bit overwhelming

What is the best guitar( 1000 or less for a beginner? I have a fender acoustic/electric I bought used for 250 that sounds great but the body is a bit wider than I like. I've been practicing for about 4 months and if I stick with it another 6 I want to upgrade. So many brands / options it's a bit overwhelming

GordonAll

Full Access

Originally Posted by: tony.harper

It depends on what you want your guitar to do, and if your preference is for electric or acoustic. Loads of very good acoustics in your price range, I can recommend the Faith Venus series (I’ve got a Blood Moon Venus that I would never part with). It’s smaller than a dreadnaught, got a solid top, back, & sides, has good kit, and comes with a hard case – all for under a grand. It doesn’t come with a pick guard but if that is an issue you can have one fitted. I think the guitars are selling for around the £700 mark at the moment.

Originally Posted by: tony.harper

It depends on what you want your guitar to do, and if your preference is for electric or acoustic. Loads of very good acoustics in your price range, I can recommend the Faith Venus series (I’ve got a Blood Moon Venus that I would never part with). It’s smaller than a dreadnaught, got a solid top, back, & sides, has good kit, and comes with a hard case – all for under a grand. It doesn’t come with a pick guard but if that is an issue you can have one fitted. I think the guitars are selling for around the £700 mark at the moment.