Opinions about Stagg guitars

hatvani.sandor
hatvani.sandor
03/01/2022 1:34 pm

Hi,

I would like to know your opinions about these two guitars:

- Stagg SVY SPCL DLX FBK,[br]- Stagg SVY SPCL BK.[br]I know those are cheap guitars but I like their unique shapes.Those few videos about them are not enough for me to make a deceision to buy one of them.

So please, help me about it?

# 1
Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
03/03/2022 4:28 pm

I am not familiar with them. I do know that, if you like the shapes, you can always upgrade the parts (much like folks do with their beloved first guitar that they want to keep).

What I was able to find on a google search is that they get mixed reviews on quality, even at the lower price range. Some found them to be a decent guitar, whereas others found their quality control inconsistent. Based on what I read, it is best if you can see it in person to make sure the quality control did a good job.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

# 2
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/04/2022 3:24 am
Originally Posted by: hatvani.sandor

I know those are cheap guitars but I like their unique shapes.

hatvani.sandor, you're right. Those are cheap guitars (not only inexpensive). I've never played one but I checked them out online and found that even people bragging up Stagg electric guitars recommend that buyers upgrade the pickups. That's not a good sign. For about the same price you can get yourself a Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster with decent pickups and I'm guessing much better quality control.

Sorry to go off-topic but:

Hello Sasha-B, as a lifelong dog owner I just have to say - that is undoubtedly the cutest little pooch I've ever seen. I thought at first that it was a plush toy. What breed is he/she?

[br]- Nicolai

# 3
Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
03/06/2022 9:05 pm

Hi Nicolai,

That sassy girl is a Pumi (Hungarian herder/terrier). Bright, energetic, and loving breed.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.