Fender Lt25 vs Focusrite 2i2

ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
10/25/2021 1:41 pm

With a certain time of year coming up I am requesting the gift of a Lt25

my expectation is an easy to use practice amp with simple operations to experience different modelled sounds. [br]Am I right in thinking I could have used a 2i2 in a similar fashion to play guitar with same sounds. The difference being you would a, have to know those sounds and b, have to be able to build them yourself.

not sure the 2i2 comes with any modelled amps.

The bonus would be the 2i2 has many other functions not available on an amp which could well future proof it to some extent. [br]I am very much a beginner and play a Squire Bullet Mustang through an Orange Crush mini and although I have funds for a way better guitar I am going to hang fire until I see where I can go with this guitar and amp combo.

Thinking Schecter Extreme , ESP ltd 256, G&L ASAT deluxe , Epiphone Sg modern.

Was all for the ESP but now leaning towards the sg, again as a future proof buy and a bit of yolo

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/25/2021 3:45 pm

Hi,

Not to throw you sideways but have you thought of a Katana? This link shows them at $249 on Sweetwater.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Kata50mk2--boss-katana-50-mk2-50-25-0.5-watt-1x12-inch-cosm-combo-amp

The only reason I bring this up is in your post you are talking an amp and an interface. The Kat is both. There is a built in audio interface which allows you to run your guitar right into your computer (via a DAW which you can download for free) and begin recording.

The little Mustang is a great amp. The Kat is as well. I looked at the Scarlet website, looks like they have some kind of software available for tones with a third party, offering a 3month trial. Personally, I like having an amp with stand alone interface, but thats me.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
10/25/2021 3:55 pm

Cheers William

the order is in for the Fender.

It too links to the pc to record.

Katana seems to be the go to other than everyone now leaning to the Spark.

However they are the next price step up and the Fender Lt25 is around £135 in the Uk

the Katana around £230 mark. [br]I'm slowly, and I mean slowly plodding away at this guitar thing.

Never going to be Page or Townsend but having fun. [br]Fender is a reasonable step to take, the guitars are all way too much for my level but hey why not. [br]Dave

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/25/2021 4:14 pm

Very cool Dave. I wasn't aware the Fender had the interface. You're going to have a lot of fun with it.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4
helenanika3
helenanika3
11/24/2021 11:27 am

This is a very informative blog for me. I am very much benefited after reading this blog. Keep sharing.

RapidFS

# 5
LamphunLamyai
LamphunLamyai
11/24/2021 11:35 am

Just letting you know. Don't know where you live, but the Fender LT25 I bought over a month ago came with a power cable that isn't grounded. I've been communicating with Fender regarding the safety but have no resolution. They don't seem willing to supply a grounded power cable. The only take-away I have is the company is not committed to safety.[br]Cavet Emptor - Buyer Beware. [br][br]However with that said. It's a great practice amp (other then shocking me). I won't use it any more until I'm supplied with a grounded power cable. I'd recommend it if you can be assured of its safety. But if you can't gurarentee that the amp will come with a safely grounded power cable - you may end up sitting on a paper-weight while you find a solution.

# 6
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
11/25/2021 10:00 am

Thanks LamphunLamyai

I live in the UK

Assuming it is still sold with an EU certification stamp of approval.

I expect it to be fitted with a 3 pin plug.

Not long to wait to find out.

Will report back

Dave L

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.