Epiphone Les Paul option

slittle_92
slittle_92
09/22/2021 7:15 pm

Hi all,

Which of these two epiphone options would you recommend for a first electric guitar (have experience with accoustic and have been saving up since begining of year).

Epiphone Les Paul Custom or Les Paul Modern ??

I have held both in my hand at local store, Like the feel of the neck on the modern (and is lighter plus) as well as extra feature of the coil splitting. That being said i love the Look of the Custom (Ebony, Black beauty looks gorgeous!!) And Feels like a classic Les Paul.

I love Alt rock, Hard rock, classic rock and some metal.

Just looking for some opinions before I commit to purchasing.

Any advice appreciated

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
09/23/2021 12:12 pm

I have what I think is the custom, its a few years old and I bought it used. Its a nice guitar if you don't mind the weight. I play sitting down.

I read up on the modern and what stood out most for me was the neck joint. I rarely play way down on the neck but it sounds like they have made it easier to reach the frets. And the electronics sound ok.

I don't think there is such a thing as the "right" guitar, only the "next guitar. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
09/23/2021 1:42 pm

Coil Tapping is very cool. I use mine all the time depending on wheather I want to cut through the mix with the single coil, or brood in the darkness of the humbucker. Very much like having 2 guitars instead of one.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 3
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
09/23/2021 1:43 pm

Coil Tapping is very cool. I use mine all the time depending on wheather I want to cut through the mix with the single coil, or brood in the darkness of the humbucker. Very much like having 2 guitars instead of one.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.