Beginner kit list

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > Beginner kit list

paul_299

Full Access

Hi all. Please bear with me but I'm new to learning guitar. I just need advice of the bare essentials I need.

I've settled on a guitar; the Taylor Academy 10 and I'm here so thats the absolute minimum coevered. I'm also planning on buying a multi pack of picks, guitar stand, strap, peg winder and tuner.

With regards to the tuner which style is more accurate? Clip on or stand alone?

Have I missed anything?

Thank you all for your patience.

Hi all. Please bear with me but I'm new to learning guitar. I just need advice of the bare essentials I need.

I've settled on a guitar; the Taylor Academy 10 and I'm here so thats the absolute minimum coevered. I'm also planning on buying a multi pack of picks, guitar stand, strap, peg winder and tuner.

With regards to the tuner which style is more accurate? Clip on or stand alone?

Have I missed anything?

Thank you all for your patience.

jhs.martinez

Full Access

been guitaring for just a little over a month. got a metronome 2 days ago and it has already help me improve. I'd consider it an essential. good luck buddy

been guitaring for just a little over a month. got a metronome 2 days ago and it has already help me improve. I'd consider it an essential. good luck buddy

William MG

Full Access

Hi Paul

sounds like you are ready to go, only thing left now I would say is practice

I won't comment on tuner accuracy, I have no way of measuring it, but personally I like tuners that are easy for old eyes to read. So big is better than smaller - for me.

Good luck.

Repertoire:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Made Easy)

Link to the lesson here - very good for a beginner

Wild Horses (Made Easy)

Link to lesson here

Highway To Hell

Link to lesson here

Honky Tonk Women (Made Easy)

Lesson here - very easy for beginners

Breaking the Law - fun, fast paced song.

Lesson here

Honky Tonk Women - (Not Made Easy!) I will lick this song someday

Lesson here

Hi Paul

sounds like you are ready to go, only thing left now I would say is practice

I won't comment on tuner accuracy, I have no way of measuring it, but personally I like tuners that are easy for old eyes to read. So big is better than smaller - for me.

Good luck.

Repertoire:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Made Easy)

Link to the lesson here - very good for a beginner

Wild Horses (Made Easy)

Link to lesson here

Highway To Hell

Link to lesson here

Honky Tonk Women (Made Easy)

Lesson here - very easy for beginners

Breaking the Law - fun, fast paced song.

Lesson here

Honky Tonk Women - (Not Made Easy!) I will lick this song someday

Lesson here

Sasha-B

Full Access

Welcome! If you're new to playing a musical instrument-Keep it simple with a clip on tuner. On the higher priced range is the Peterson strobe clip; next would be the korg hammer clip on and lastly on in prive is snark. All do the job very well.

In the meantime-guitar tricks has a tuner and metronome on the website under tools.

or download "guitar tuna" And a metronome app.

Welcome! If you're new to playing a musical instrument-Keep it simple with a clip on tuner. On the higher priced range is the Peterson strobe clip; next would be the korg hammer clip on and lastly on in prive is snark. All do the job very well.

In the meantime-guitar tricks has a tuner and metronome on the website under tools.

or download "guitar tuna" And a metronome app.