Electric Guitar for under $1000

angus.peterson.vt
angus.peterson.vt
10/18/2019 12:01 pm

So, I have gathered about $1000 https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/best-electric-guitars-under-1000/ to spend on a new guitar. I don't want to aimlessly spend it and will be going into a store to try some out very soon.

What I need help with is there any guitars you can suggest I should definitely try for the price range.

I'm not looking for a specific style like strat, tele, LP. I want a guitar that is playable and fun.

I play blues, rock and metal and was just wondering if anyone could point out a must try guitar.

Already been told to check out the ltd ec-1000, Gibson sgj and schecter hellraiser.

Any other ones?

# 1
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
10/18/2019 1:05 pm

I'm a big fan of Tokai guitars, I'm not sure how available they will be where you live but if you can they are worth trying, FGN are another great Japanese guitar company also have a go on some Gretsch guitars if you get the chance.

# 2
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
10/18/2019 3:42 pm
Originally Posted by: angus.peterson.vt

I'm not looking for a specific style like strat, tele, LP. I want a guitar that is playable and fun.

I play blues, rock and metal and was just wondering if anyone could point out a must try guitar.

I know that you said you are not looking for a specific style. I would caution you, encourage you, to keep a smidgeon of your favorite style in the back of your mind when you go shopping. I assume that you are starting out. When you gain some experience playing you will appreciate having a guitar that will serve you for that genre you enjoy. When shopping that guitar that fits you, that feels good in the hands, is going to be playable. And, trust me, any new guitar is going to be fun. You're practice time is about to go up dramatically!

I have seen many threads like this where prople as for recommendations on a new guitar. Many, if not most, simply become polls of what people own. And I am presently guilty of this very thing as I type this.

I have become a huge fan of PRS guitars. I started out an LP guy, migrated to a Strat one before somewhat moving back to the LP camp. And then I tried a PRS. Their playability is amazing, their fit and finish impecable, and just gorgeous to look at.

To your requirements of under $1000 they have a line called "SE". They are made overseas, I think now in Indonesia. There is a YT video about the rigorous inspection procedure when the guitars arrive here. Here is a description of the 2020 models.. And knowing that you are not going to shop at Chicago Music Exchange, this will give you an idea of pricing. A little more info.

Good luck to you and have fun shopping. Let us know what you decide on.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 3
Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
10/21/2019 3:19 pm

best bet is to go to your local guitar store, try the new and used that you like how they look. then play them and see which feel the best in your hands.

--does it feel too heavy?

--does it have too many switches/options or too few? when I test out guitars, I play a chord (D chord and G chord), this helps me get a sense if i feel too cramped or too much of a stretch on the fret board. Ask yourself: is the guitar comfortable?

factor in cost for a decent amp (which will make a guitar shine moreso than a cheap amp), factor in $100 + on your budget.

My own guitar journey: I had a fender player strat. Love strats, my favorite players use strats, but it was too heavy. I now own a fender duo sonic. And a new to me guild bluesbird (tried this guitar and fell in love after a year or more of playing. Did not consider a guild electric, but testing out all the guitars-she felt right in my hands). both are lighter weight and easier for me to play (I am a short woman with small hands).

HOWEVER-epiphone, gibson, squire, PRS, kramer, schecter, gretsch ALL make great guitars.

Amps: I own a small boss katana, great sound, not a lot of bells and whistles, both guitars sound great. Also own a vox mini5 and recently purchased a vox mini superbeetle. My guitar instructor pointed out that a decent amp is the best first investment, and he was right. The boss and mini 5 were my first two. other great amps in the midrange-fender, boss, roland, marshall, blackstar.

Bottom line-keep an open mind, there are a ton of great guitars out there in your price range. develop a relationship with a local guitar store, let them get to know you and you them. I did so and it was one of those young guys that pointed me to the Guild Bluesbird because he knew my style of play, and what would feel comfortable for me to play for hours on end. Again, guild electric guitar was not on my radar.

You may end up purchasing a guitar you never thought of as a possibility and falling in love with it.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

# 4
parker33matt
parker33matt
12/29/2019 12:03 pm

It's not always about guitar itself, because when we talk about great sound quality and acoustic things, we should remember about audio receivers as well, and how they work. Couple of months ago, when my old receiver has broken, I've found https://chooserator.com/best-av-receiver-under-2000 website, and make my decision to buy a model Pioneer SC-LX901 cause it could bring the clearest sound I've ever heard. This receiver also is equipped with 4K resolution support, isn't it great?

# 5
Herman10
Herman10
02/03/2020 1:39 am

I have a Epiphone 1960's les Paul tribute plus which sells for under a 1000 $ ( chinees handmade but PU's and all the rest genuine Gibson hardware, not produced under license ), it sounds and plays great and in tests with the cheaper Gibson models it comes out superior to them. The finish is just amazing, only downside is the weight, 11 kilo's.

Another thing you can do if you want to go lower on budget is buying a Mexican Fender and upgrade that with a descend set of PU's and glue aluminium foil in the cavities and plectrum plate to eliminate the his and rumble.

best regards Herman

# 6
Slacksixx
Slacksixx
02/05/2020 7:52 am

As others had said, a guitar is a very personal preference purchase, it has to fit the owner.

ive just picked up a Fender Vintera 50s strat and I was impressed with how good it is for the price.

There is one constant, you get what you pay for.

# 7
ikebana
ikebana
02/11/2020 7:51 pm

I own a gretsch electromatic and a fender telecaster. They are fun to play and suits my needs. But the most fun, and....comfy guitar i tried lately is hands down PRS Custom SE 24. Here in sweden they cost about 1000$.

# 8
johncorcoran0060
Full Access
johncorcoran0060
Full Access
03/24/2020 9:36 pm

PRS is best guitar made

Martin Barre from Tull has played them all,

but now PRS

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.