BOSS ME-50B Random Switching Issue

CMPepsi
CMPepsi
05/21/2019 8:55 pm

Hello![br]I have a BOSS ME-50B which I have gotten from a friend a few years back, he also had it for about 2-3 years before giving it to me.[br]I love the little pedal and I've taken it to gigs and practice alike but about a year ago it started to develop a problem.

As you see there's some black burned marks around the copper rods that I suspect act as the ground for the power.[br]I have no idea if this is just how they're assembled in the factory and welded, or if something has happened since I got it to make it turn out like this.

Other than that, there is nothing obviously wrong with the board to my eyes, no capacitors are looking bulged, nothing looks to be leaking or blackened at all in a similar fashion.

I'm at wits end here and I'm posting around to a few forums to see if anyone who knows better can give me a hand or some insight.

Thank you!

[br]P.S, here's a video of the problem happening during play, I've edited the fade in/out to skip to the parts where it happens.[br]In this instance, it is changing between Metal and Hi-Band without me touching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yi-ICSwrX8

[br][br]

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.