05/16/2019 10:07 pm

Yes.

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/20/2019 7:33 pm

These guitars are getting quite a bit of air time on YouTube and seem very interesting. I have not seen any of them in my part of the world, but that could change.

manXcat, would you be willing to share your experience with the brand?

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
05/21/2019 5:27 am

Sure. My Harley Benton SC Custom experience.

# 4
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/21/2019 3:01 pm

Very concise! Well done!

I didnt realize they were made in Vietnam, thought they were another Chinese make. So based upon what I read, an Epiphone LP Standard, which runs $700 where I am, would likely run somewhere between $175 and $230ish for a comparable HB. That is pretty amazing. For that type of money here, you would get a very basic Epiphone. I actually have both a low end Epiphone LP and a Epiphone Standard LP. The difference between them is night and day, even though i appreciate both for what they are. I would be interested in getting my hands on an HB and making a comparison.

Thanks

And nearly forgot, if that is you in the vid, that is exactly what I need - 2 huge Marshalls stacked right beside me just inches away:) When I was a teen, I had massive speakers from Radio Shack - Mach 1 - with 15" woofers running through a 35watt RS receiver. For some reason I thought at the time they were supposed to be used as headphones!

# 5
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
05/21/2019 8:57 pm

No not me in the vid. Not near so young or handsome.

Because I get to unavoidably compare it every other day with my inarguably more comfortable contemporary bodied Manson Cort/Squier Affinity Teles and Yamaha Pacifica Uber-Strats, I really notice it.

# 6
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
05/21/2019 9:30 pm

PS. I wouldn't say no to a Marshall stack if someone was kindly gifting it to me, but if I was paying and could afford it, my taste runs to something BIG from VOX for that early Beatlesque sound profile.

A Vox story, kinda'.

My wife and I had to good fortune to attend Petula Clark's 2019 Australian Tour this month. Booked early, so we had an up close view of the perfomance from centre of row seats in row four in a very modern auditorium where Pet performed to an appreciative regional city audience of about 350 people. The older very accomplished lead guitarist in her accompanying ensemble was using a huge VOX with his super strat. His playing made its tones shine, and although Pet performed her contemporary material too, her 1960s tunes for which she is especially well known were complimented by that tones from that amp. What a polished veteran! Ever the experienced professional, she well knows what she can still do with her voice at 87, and does it admirably well. As to her stamina. Two sets of an hour each divided by a 20 minute interval, with only about 15 minutes banter throughout each set. Wow! Wouldn't have missed it for quids as we would have said a generation ago in her 1960s heyday!

[br]As usual I digressed. That said, I don't yet own an amp I don't like, and I own and play four so far. I have to laud accolade by way of honourable mention on my Fender Champion 100 x2 too. Affordable, arguably my favourite so far, I really love it. "Surfer Girl" watch out.

# 7
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/22/2019 12:01 am

Well, manX, I can see you are a man of great detail and I love it! And so glad you digressed about PC. I’m 56, but grew up listening to the “greats”. If I could have, I would have loved to see her show.

BTW, I think we are still part of the Commonwealth, but being Canadian, I couldn’t fault them if we’ve been kicked out! We tend to be a bit rough around the edges. Just kidding, it’s an honest assumption that the forum is compromised mostly of Americans, and rightly so. Maybe someday we will realize that a country 1/10 the size of its greatest neighbor would be better served by adopting a common currency, but oops, sorry, my pragmatism as a business owner is coming through. I think it was Shakespeare who said “kill all the pragmatist”, or maybe it was lawyers. Anyways, whatever it was, I am sure he was right.

Thanks again for the great details.

# 8
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
05/22/2019 1:33 am

You're welcome. Hope it was of some use to you as well as of interest.

For me, that particular Harley Benton has a completely different tone in particular and feel from the majority of my other guitars. But that's also its charm and predominantly why I chose and bought it. You'll understand. Considerable willpower was required to exercise restraint at the time.

The jury is out on those Roswell LAF pickups at the moment, but I'm not certain if it's because characteristically they are suited to a different genre/style to that I'm active in at present, or whether that's unduly influenced by their noticeably lower output than I'm used to, especially at the bridge. OTOH, the coil split works a treat, and I really really like the tones I can achieve with it.

I certainly won't be selling it. Cheers.

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.