Gsus4 position and fingerpicking protection

xamovz
xamovz
05/22/2020 2:33 pm

Hello, I am new to forum, and a beginner player.

I am in fundamentals 2 and learned about chord theory of sus4 chords.

following the major wcale, numbers 1-3-5 and also 4 for the mentioned chords.

my doubt is the shape of the Gsus4 because it is quite difficult for me to reach the C note on the 1st fret on the 2nd string, so as the chord formation theory says to add the C note as the number 4, could I change the shape of the chord by using the C note on the 5th string? I understand it's the same combination of notes for the chord and way easier shape for me.

my second question, I am trying to find this protection rings I have seen for fingerpicking and all I found was covers for the whole finger, could anyone tell me the name pf these rings? [br]thanks.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/22/2020 10:34 pm

Hey & welcome to GT!

Originally Posted by: xamovz

my doubt is the shape of the Gsus4 because it is quite difficult for me to reach the C note on the 1st fret on the 2nd string, so as the chord formation theory says to add the C note as the number 4, could I change the shape of the chord by using the C note on the 5th string?[/quote]

Yes. Anyway you can find to play the notes required for the chord is fine. Gsus4 is:

G (1st)

C (4th)

D (5th)

Any place on the guitar you can play those notes together is a Gsus4!

However, I also encourage you to keep working on the more difficult voicings. The more options you are able to play, the better a guitarist & musician you will be.

Hope that helps!

[quote=xamovz]I am trying to find this protection rings I have seen for fingerpicking and all I found was covers for the whole finger, could anyone tell me the name pf these rings? [br]thanks.

I'm not sure what those are.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
xamovz
xamovz
05/24/2020 8:56 am

Thanks a lot Christopher, I'll keep your advice on the voicing of chords though.

and the ring I mentioned, I found out it's just a thumb pick but when I saw them on videos they seemed more rings than a thumb pick. [br]all problems solved...thanks again.

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/24/2020 2:41 pm
Originally Posted by: xamovz

Thanks a lot Christopher, I'll keep your advice on the voicing of chords though.

and the ring I mentioned, I found out it's just a thumb pick but when I saw them on videos they seemed more rings than a thumb pick. [br]all problems solved...thanks again.

You're welcome. Glad you figured it out!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.