Strings touch frets

Guitar Tricks Forum > Tech Talk > Strings touch frets

Calmsoul11

Full Access

Hi

My A, D and G strings touch the fret board whilst I'm fretting notes Further up. For example I'm fretting notes at the Seventh fret and but they don't ring out. Do I simply adjust the bridge to raise the action to solve this?

Thanks anyone that's able to help

Dan :)

Hi

My A, D and G strings touch the fret board whilst I'm fretting notes Further up. For example I'm fretting notes at the Seventh fret and but they don't ring out. Do I simply adjust the bridge to raise the action to solve this?

Thanks anyone that's able to help

Dan :)

Guitar Tricks Admin

Full Access

Hi Calmsoul11,

If you're not getting a good tone from the 7th fret, you may want to make some adjustments to the action, for sure.

You may try experimenting with the saddles, or it may be a deeper issue with the truss rod.

what type of guitar is this?

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.

Hi Calmsoul11,

If you're not getting a good tone from the 7th fret, you may want to make some adjustments to the action, for sure.

You may try experimenting with the saddles, or it may be a deeper issue with the truss rod.

what type of guitar is this?

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.

Calmsoul11

Full Access

It's a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. That's for the advice I will give it a try :)

Dan

It's a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. That's for the advice I will give it a try :)

Dan