Originality: what it is, why you want some

Guitar Tricks Forum > Newsletter Articles > Originality: what it is, why you want some

wildwoman1313

Full Access

Originality emanates from within, Kasperow. Absolutely. You have to dig deep and mine for those gems that are your life experience. Take those very personal emotions and desires and fears, apply your musical skills to them, and let your music speak to what's inside you. Good luck with your experiment. ;)

Originality emanates from within, Kasperow. Absolutely. You have to dig deep and mine for those gems that are your life experience. Take those very personal emotions and desires and fears, apply your musical skills to them, and let your music speak to what's inside you. Good luck with your experiment. ;)

Kasperow

Originally Posted by: wildwoman1313

Thanks. As always, you're just as helpful as the instructors on this site, Wildwoman. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for next time I have a guitar in my hands.

Thanks. As always, you're just as helpful as the instructors on this site, Wildwoman. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for next time I have a guitar in my hands.

wildwoman1313

Full Access

That's mighty kind of you to say, Kasperow. Keep me posted on how the originality project is going for you.

That's mighty kind of you to say, Kasperow. Keep me posted on how the originality project is going for you.

TravisWright

Thanks for your comment, Travis! Glad you liked.

Hey... THANK YOU! I actually was referred to your thread. My thread is under Technique and Style... Of Identity and Style is the name. I asked some of the questions you did and just wanted to see what most musicians think, if it's even important to them.

The world is made of magic and nobody cares. Funny how it goes.

Thanks for your comment, Travis! Glad you liked.

Hey... THANK YOU! I actually was referred to your thread. My thread is under Technique and Style... Of Identity and Style is the name. I asked some of the questions you did and just wanted to see what most musicians think, if it's even important to them.

The world is made of magic and nobody cares. Funny how it goes.

wildwoman1313

Full Access

I read through your thread, Travis. Very interesting discussion.

TravisWright

We were basically talking about the process you describe. All the elements we can think of that make KWS, SRV, Garcia, BB King, and many more own their sound.

I wanted other's insights and thoughts and that's exactly what I got. =) Your thread is very thorough, simple, and organized. Love it.

We all want magic, don't we? Casting musical spells is a fun thing. Being known for your own sound is quite another. Thanks for your insight and positive comments. You rock.

We were basically talking about the process you describe. All the elements we can think of that make KWS, SRV, Garcia, BB King, and many more own their sound.

I wanted other's insights and thoughts and that's exactly what I got. =) Your thread is very thorough, simple, and organized. Love it.

We all want magic, don't we? Casting musical spells is a fun thing. Being known for your own sound is quite another. Thanks for your insight and positive comments. You rock.

wildwoman1313

Full Access

I can't speak for everyone, Travis, but I for one want magic. Being known for one's sound is the ultimate to me. Thank you so much for all your kind words. ;)

I can't speak for everyone, Travis, but I for one want magic. Being known for one's sound is the ultimate to me. Thank you so much for all your kind words. ;)

PeterNY

Full Access

What NOT to do

Some people out there get into drugs, and I'm not going to lecture them, but I will say this. If you do get high, go ahead and play your guitar, and just when you think you are hitting a creative peak, record yourself for the next twenty or thirty minutes that you jam out into the stratosphere.

Save the recording, then play it for yourself the next day when you are straight. Chances are that you will cringe at all the repetition and sloppy phrasing coming out of the speakers. Live and learn.

What NOT to do

Some people out there get into drugs, and I'm not going to lecture them, but I will say this. If you do get high, go ahead and play your guitar, and just when you think you are hitting a creative peak, record yourself for the next twenty or thirty minutes that you jam out into the stratosphere.

Save the recording, then play it for yourself the next day when you are straight. Chances are that you will cringe at all the repetition and sloppy phrasing coming out of the speakers. Live and learn.