GAS Alert - May '07 - Laney TT50H

ren
ren
05/03/2007 12:06 pm
Laney TT50H Review - Ren

The Laney TT50H is a 50w amp with 3 channels - Clean, Crunch and Lead. The TT100H (100w Head) and TT50 combo have the same features.

Channel 1 is clean and has plenty of headroom. It has treble, mid, bass, reverb and volume controls and a bright switch.

Channel 2 is a straight forward tube distortion channel, great for blues and crunch tones. It has gain, treble, mid, bass, reverb and master (Channel volume). Bright switch and a modern switch which compresses the sound a bit more and adds channel gain.

Channel 3 has some features as channel 2 but with the addition of an Xpand switch and a gain boost. It is also voiced differently from channel 2.

The power section features two independent footswitchable master volumes, allowing you to give yourself a boost whatever channel you are on, great for the lead breaks. All the TT50's settings are midi switchable, and external devices can be controlled using the footswitch supplied. The amp also has a 'record' mode which mutes the speaker.

I have used Laney amps for many years, and the TT50H is the best yet. Artists using Laney include Paul Gilbert, Mattias 'IA' Eklundh & Tony Iommi - so they're obviously doing something right. The TT50H sounds amazing at low volume as well, so I can even use it at home without a hotplate / powerbrake etc. This amp is very versatile, and although it's not a monster gain dual 'rectifrier' (sic) it handles a myriad of styles very very well. I tend to use channel 2 mostly, with a tube screamer to add a little extra for the solos. If you've heard any of my recordings, it's a TT50H you can hear :cool:.

Check one out at your local guitar store, and the Laney website here

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.