Time used 4 or 5 months

Pros

True bypass - no latency, no tone loss

Silent tuning

Super sensitive

Supports flat tuning

Battery or PSU supported

Hi vis in low or high lighting

Auto shutoff battery saver - 5 minute signal inactivity.

Cons

Super sensitive

Instrument has to be plugged in

Portability - bulkier than headstock tuner

Specs

Tuning Mode: Chromatic[br]Tuning range: A0(27.5Hz)~C8(4186Hz)[br]A4 Range:435~445Hz[br]Flat Tuning: â™­, â™­â™­, â™­â™­â™­, â™­â™­â™­â™­[br]Tuning precision: ±1 cent[br]Detection method: Audio Signal Input[br]Mutes output signal when engaged.[br]Display mode: LED[br]Tuning method: Auto[br]Power: 9V battery or DC 9V adaptor [br]Dimensions: 122(L) x72(W) x47(H) mm[br]Weight: 235g

Not much to review really. It's a very affordable, quality pedal tuner in an attractive case with the kind of features desirable in one. Bypass, silent, auto sensing, auto off, battery supported, hi vis, not too big, not too small.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/14/2019 7:27 pm

Hi manXcat,

Thanks for the review! Having a tuner pedal is always essential I think.

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
01/14/2019 10:44 pm

My pleasure Billy.

My initial foray into guitar was in the day when you tuned by ear, either E from recall or preferably with the assistance of a my sole set of pitch pipes as reference datum for E at least.

Now I have digital tuners coming out of my ears ....almost. This one, 3 D'Addario micro headstock tuners, 2 D'Addario micro soundhole tuners, a Korg line or mic sensing or manual tone pitch tuner and of course, the bevy of freebie downloadable phone app tuners from Fender, Boss etc, the digital tuner feature in my ID:Core amp, and of course even Guitar Tricks own online tuner.

For electric players, IMV a comprehensive pedal tuner like the NUX is definitely something which should be on the 'nice tool to own' opportunity buy/gift list list. In a professional performing or band situation I'd consider it pretty much a must have on the pedalboard. Chinese manufacturing has made this kind of kit currently so affordable, provided one dares to venture past high profile established brand marketing.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.