Robert Keeley Ds-1!

Blues_Man
Blues_Man
04/04/2006 1:35 am

Robert Keeley modded ds-1 ultra/seeing eye mod.

Price- $140 (US).

Pros- Large Marshall type sound, very versatile! You can play blues, to rock, to metal (the 80's stuff/ the good kind), I guess if you wanted to, you could play modern stuff but why waste your time on something like that! :D
Not muddy at all! Very defined on all the strings. Has a switch that goes from the Ultra mod which is the low gain, crunchy, marshally sound. to the Seeing eye mod, the hi-gain tube marshall sound. Pretty much as close you can get to a jcm 800 in a box.

Cons- hmmm....uhhh....well, they didn't give it to me for free, does that count?! I seriously cant say anything bad! Yes i know sounds stupid and full of hype, but i seriously cannot pick out one bad thing i dislike about the pedal!

This pedal is one of the best i've ever had! Robert keeley builds the best effects in the business, not to mention his customer service! Ive spoken to him personally 2 on the phone! great guy.
This exact pedal is used by the likes of STEVE VAI, SATCH, need i say more?... overall, just awesome! If your in the market for a great distortion, buy it!
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 1
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
04/06/2006 9:44 pm
What? No keeley fans out there?!

# 2
alucard0941
alucard0941
04/07/2006 12:23 am
By any chance, does this pedal make the tone sound more solid state-ish by high gain. I know its a distortion pedal, but I'm wondering if it provides a whole new specturm of tones and not just raw distortion.

Im asking cause im planning to shell some cash for gear soon.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 3
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
04/07/2006 12:25 am
My setup is Fender Stratocaster> Crybaby Classic wah> RK Mod Ts-9 mod plus> RK Mod Ds-1> '65 Fender Super Reverb. This is my dream setup! I use the Ts-9 with the gain at 9' oclock and the volume all the way up(only when i have the ds-1 on). I use it as a boost to give my single coil strat some huge humbucker bite to it. Run the ds-1 on the ultra mode with gain all the way up. Man, I can get some serious heavy tones. Great for shredding too. Though, you better not be sloppy because you can hear every single note you play, cuz there's no mud whatso ever to coverup you tone! I love it!

# 4
rightturnonly
Full Access
rightturnonly
Full Access
04/16/2006 8:20 am
Bought a Fender Delux 60 & 4x10. I wish I had tried out the Fender Tweed 59" reissue first. Would Like to have them both. :)
# 5
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
04/16/2006 2:18 pm
Originally Posted by: alucard0941By any chance, does this pedal make the tone sound more solid state-ish by high gain. I know its a distortion pedal, but I'm wondering if it provides a whole new specturm of tones and not just raw distortion.

Im asking cause im planning to shell some cash for gear soon.

Not really. It sounds VERY tube like! I'm serious when it sounds Like a Marshall Jcm 800 in a box. In the first mode you get your average Crunchy distortion, and in the Second mode is tube high gain. I love it.

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.