Tanglewood TW28-STR OE Deluxe (Electric)

mattoakes
mattoakes
03/28/2006 6:14 pm
Wow!!

I bought this guitar a week ago and havent been able to put it down!! It is my second guitar (but first acoustic). This is the cutaway version to so it is great for playing lower down the fretboard (or is it higher).

Here is a picture of the beautiful thing!! ( I dont know how to upload a pic so I put in the link!!)

http://www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk/products/stockDetails.asp?cID=186&sID=1494 {Editor's Note: I fixed the image tags, but follow the link anyway. List of features, and HUGE photo.}

I went to my local guitar shop and tried out several acoustics in the 200 - 350 pound price range and this is the one that stood out both on ease of play and tone. The guitar was marked at £299.99 but it was on offer at £229.00 so is a bargain too.

The factory setup on this piece of wood is perfect, lovely low action, almost like an electric to play the action is that low!!! My favourite thing about this guitar is how much bass it kicks out without over powering the beautiful higher treble strings! When you get going and strike the strings with a bit of passion you can feel the resonance all through your body, its almost orgasmic lol!!!

I would recommend this instrument to any one at all, maybe its not as good as a Martin but for the price Tanglewood have made a real gem. It also has a built in chromatic tuner which is great if your like me and cant tune by ear!!

This guitar has rosewood back and sides with a spruce top and a rosewood fingerboard, and the finish is amazing. The neck is fast too very smooth and just the right size for my fingers to get round it comfortably.

The only thing I can grumble about is that it doesnt come with a second strap button on the heel so I have to sit and play, if thats all I can complain about its pretty good going.

Included in the price from my local guitar shop is a free setup when I need new strings (setup is worth about £30 apparently!!).

Does anyone else have one of these guitars? And do you love it as much as I do??

Next year I will be buying a new electric probably an Epiphone Dot or Sheraton, does anyone play one of these beasts and are they as good as they look?
Oh By the way which ones Pink?
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/28/2006 6:52 pm
very nice!!!! :D
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.