My band performing an original and The Clash

NickFerra
NickFerra
11/16/2020 1:37 pm

Christopher, the first song is one of the songs you tabbed out for me for our original song and thats me playing the lead on stage.

https://www.facebook.com/Donna1024/videos/10216457642779263/

Next song is the Clash should I stay or should I go

And after that is another original song by the our band

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/16/2020 1:59 pm
Originally Posted by: NickFerra

Christopher, the first song is one of the songs you tabbed out for me for our original song and thats me playing the lead on stage.

The Near November song has a repeated motif that works well as a musical phrase! Well done. Later in the song when you are kind of noodling is good example of when you could build on the motif, but you need more solid ideas to use! You are just wandering around the notes you know to use. You need to come up with solid melodic phrases that you are confident in playing for that section.

The last note is kind of little wonky. You are grabbing a note that works, but bending it up slightly so it's off pitch. So either don't bend that note at all, or go 2 frets lower & then bend up to that note as the target of the bend. Make sense?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/16/2020 2:01 pm

This one has a few solid repeated phrases! Again the bending needs work. :)

Congrats on getting a band together & performing live!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
NickFerra
NickFerra
11/18/2020 1:06 am
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

This one has a few solid repeated phrases! Again the bending needs work. :)

Congrats on getting a band together & performing live!

Thanks! Unfortunately, we are no longer together but im already getting together with someone else and jamming. Hopefully something will come from it soon

# 4
NickFerra
NickFerra
11/18/2020 1:10 am
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

The Near November song has a repeated motif that works well as a musical phrase! Well done. Later in the song when you are kind of noodling is good example of when you could build on the motif, but you need more solid ideas to use! You are just wandering around the notes you know to use. You need to come up with solid melodic phrases that you are confident in playing for that section.

The last note is kind of little wonky. You are grabbing a note that works, but bending it up slightly so it's off pitch. So either don't bend that note at all, or go 2 frets lower & then bend up to that note as the target of the bend. Make sense?

Yeah makes sense. Thanks. I really had no idea what I was doing haha I was just hoping for the best

# 5
valentantonova1987
valentantonova1987
12/25/2020 5:43 am

The Clash were an English rock band formed in London in 1976 as a key player in the original He later explained the name's origin: "It really came to my head when I started reading the newspapers and a word On 21 September, the Clash performed publicly for the first time without Levene at another seminal concert .

AES Login

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.