Next up in my guitar journey - some acoustic tunes

maggior
maggior
01/21/2020 6:39 pm

When I first joined here (almost 7 years ago, wow!) and started with the Guitar Tricks lessons, it was a crossroads in my guitar journey and the beginning of a whole new era for me musically. I had been playing guitar for quite some time already, but this site, with the great instructional material, great instructors, and supportive community, helped me push through the barriers I was facing at the time.

I had focused on cover songs and electric guitar. I also focused on blues based improvisation. I started dabling with some recorded improvisations. I even started gigging in a duo and then a band. They were exciting times!!

Recently I became intrested in playing my acoustic more and I found the recorded sound inspiring. The acoustic guitar made me play differently.

It goes to show you never know where your journey will lead you. I've started recording these songs and releasing them. We live in interesting times where anybody can record and release music!!

I have shared a couple of these songs in various levels of completion. At the time I had no idea I'd release them one day. These are the finished versions along with a new one that I released just last week. I play guitar and bass on each song. My goal is write and record 3 more acoustic songs and put them together as an EP of 6 tunes. It's been a lot of fun to do.

This is where my journey has taken me. Where is your journey taking you?

Here are my tunes so far if you'd like to check them out:

My first song is called "Beams". This came to me at a time where I was frustrated with my playing and coming up with this song felt like "beams of sunshine" raining down on me.

Beams

My second song is called "Remember When?". When I was finished with it, it seemed to envoke a sense of nostalgia.

Remember When?

My latest is called "Byway Breezes". Upon finishing this one, I imagined myself on a scenic drive.

Byway Breezes

If you care to follow me on Spotify or Bandcamp, you can find my artist pages here:

My Spotify Artist Page

My Bandcamp Artist Page

Enjoy! And thanks for your support!

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/21/2020 7:55 pm

hi Maggior,

So glad that you're part of the Guitartricks community and that you've learned so much. Thank you for sharing and hope to see you around the forums as well!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
maggior
maggior
01/23/2020 8:30 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

hi Maggior,

So glad that you're part of the Guitartricks community and that you've learned so much. Thank you for sharing and hope to see you around the forums as well!

That's very kind of you...thanks!!

One day when I have time to dive into lessons again I hope to register again for full access.

# 3
maggior
maggior
01/29/2020 4:34 pm

In just over one week, over 4,000 views (!!!) and virtually no comments. Not sure what to read into that :).

Hopefully y'all that are checking it out are getting something from it.

# 4
mosswalker
mosswalker
04/21/2020 1:37 am
Originally Posted by: maggior

In just over one week, over 4,000 views (!!!) and virtually no comments. Not sure what to read into that :).

I wouldn't make any assumptions by that. For myself, to be honest, it's not my style of music, being into hard rock and blues. That said, you sound great, smooth, well produced and something to be proud of, mate. I'd drop a doller in the cup at the coffee shop. Enjoy the journey!

# 5
maggior
maggior
04/28/2020 2:45 pm
Originally Posted by: mosswalker

I wouldn't make any assumptions by that. For myself, to be honest, it's not my style of music, being into hard rock and blues. That said, you sound great, smooth, well produced and something to be proud of, mate. I'd drop a doller in the cup at the coffee shop. Enjoy the journey!

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!!

# 6
mjgodin
mjgodin
08/31/2020 12:10 pm

Just came across these. Those are some great tracks. I know what you mean by how acoustic took you in a different direction musically. I just picked up an electric recently for fun, but I love music like this, it's kind of what inspired me to pick up the instrument again, though I'm far from being able to play like that I hope to someday. Looking forward to hearing more of what you got.

Moe

P.S. That road in Byway Breezes looks like the Kancamangus highway here in NH. Any chance?

# 7
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
09/12/2020 12:38 am
Originally Posted by: mjgodin

Just came across these. Those are some great tracks. I know what you mean by how acoustic took you in a different direction musically. I just picked up an electric recently for fun, but I love music like this, it's kind of what inspired me to pick up the instrument again, though I'm far from being able to play like that I hope to someday. Looking forward to hearing more of what you got.

Moe

P.S. That road in Byway Breezes looks like the Kancamangus highway here in NH. Any

chance?

Good evening Moe,

I checked out Byway Breezes. Awesome ! Actually the photo is of the Franconia Notch Parkway looking north through Franconia Notch. Used to drive through there every day on the way to work.

# 8
mjgodin
mjgodin
09/12/2020 12:52 am

Ah yes, that's what I meant. The Franconia notch. I should have known as I drive it every other week on my delivery runs to Littleton. For some reason I had the kanc highway on my mind. They're both in same area. I just knew it looked familiar. So does that mean the author is from this area or was he just passing through? Pretty weird that it just stood out to me like that.

thanks moose for the clarification.

# 9
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
09/12/2020 12:58 am
Originally Posted by: mosswalker

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!!

Good evening,

Had the pleasure of listening to those tracks. Excellent. Just curious; the photo from Byway Breezes is the Franconia Notch Parkway here in NH, about 20 minutes from where I live. Do you live in NH as well ?

# 10
maggior
maggior
02/22/2021 6:26 pm

I haven't popped into this thead in quite some time and I was quite surprised to seem some relatively recent activity!

I am from northern NJ. The cover art I used for Byway Breezes was indeed from NH. I couldn't tell you the name of the road since we were there on vacation. My wife took that picture out the window as we were driving.

The "official" artwork for all of my stuff are pictures that my wife or I took. It was fun hunting for pictures that suited the mood of the music. It was also fun messing with the images in a photo editor.

Thanks for checking it out!

# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.