Long time no see. Check this out :)

caponi14
caponi14
01/03/2018 1:21 pm

Hello there people,

I just want to share with you my new track. It's the first track i ever made and produced myself, and i would like some feedback and tell me if you like it or not :)

It's not quite done yet, and i plan on doing vocals. But i need a vocal microphone for that first :)

https://soundcloud.com/caponi14/come-down-to-town-undone

Cya ;)

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/03/2018 6:10 pm

Hi aponi14,

Nice work! Sounds good too, what type of mic did you use to record? :0

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
caponi14
caponi14
01/04/2018 10:32 am

i used an MB-75

Thanks man!

# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/04/2018 6:08 pm
Originally Posted by: caponi14

Hello there people,

I just want to share with you my new track. It's the first track i ever made and produced myself, and i would like some feedback and tell me if you like it or not :)

It's not quite done yet, and i plan on doing vocals. But i need a vocal microphone for that first :)

https://soundcloud.com/caponi14/come-down-to-town-undone

Cya ;)

Hey Caponi, been a long time.

My review:

Good (great): That driving main if is pretty great. I found myself grooving to that one. Had a good kick to it. Highlight of the songs.

Transition:

1) Verse/Chorus (riff) - In what I think is the verse with the more diminished SRV-type chords, the verse riff/melody is also pretty good but the transition from the above groovy riff directly to the chordy verse is to abrupt. You don't need (or want, in my opinion) a different bridge but you do need space between groovy riff and chordy verse. Space. You could even let the last note of the groovy riff hang there for a couple of beats, or vary an note ot string wiggle or something. You've got to have something that makes the tempo change make sense between the two sections.

2) Transition to the Breakdown section - Too abrupt to go from the riff to the slow burn breakdown section. Same thing apllies. Something that ties between the the two sections.

Breakdown section in general - It's cool overall and somewhat builds but should build up to that main groovy riff section following as something that will rip your head off in awesomeness. Listen to Steve Stevens 'Hellcats on the Highway' and listend to the section before that 3:03 mark....then how the riff kicks in after. It really makes the reprise of the main riff kick.

Overall: Very, very cool. The above are not complaints but something that takes this to the next level from a very good start/base. When I've arranged something, I always listen to what is missing. What is the spot where I can add space to let it breath or a variation so that the back and forth doesn't get stale.[br][br]Great job!!

# 4
caponi14
caponi14
01/05/2018 5:04 pm

Thanks for that Jeff!

Cool that someone is also handing out free advice :)

# 5
VulcanCCIT
VulcanCCIT
06/08/2019 11:55 pm

Loved it! On another post of yours I commented on your mixing style! I still love it! ON this one, pertaining to mixing.... mixing is still good, but the entire track sounds a bit "Muddy" to me... I think it just needs a bit of mid range boost to it if you are running it through an EQ or processor of some kind. I am an ex-Broadcast Engineer, so I am somewhat of an "AudioFile". Keep it up sir!!

Chuck,

Phoenix, Arizona

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.