Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition Guitar Recording

Jynxact03
Jynxact03
01/19/2004 8:09 pm
Okay, here's the deal. I have the complete version of Adobe Audtion (not bootleg, or demo version). I have the Sound Blaster 2 Audigy card. I have the Line 6 Spyder amp. The computer is 512/dual channel RAM, 2.87 processor...yadda yadda yadda, so it's more than capable of recording. I cannot figure out how to record straight from the amp to the computer. I can either get it at a very very low volume with lots of nasty noise, or nothing at all. I have tried changing the settings on the Audigy sound card, and Adobe Audition, the amp and the guitar. For some reason I cannot whatsoever get the recording to work. I have tried plugging the amp into the mic jack and the line in jack. With Line-in I get nothing, with mic I get the low volume with noise. If any one knows how to solve this problem, please e-mail at jynxact03@aol.com. Thanks a lot.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/20/2004 12:06 am
Loads of people have had this type of problem, try having a shufty through past posts on this bit of the forum.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
pservices
pservices
01/21/2004 7:55 am
Check the volume control of your operating system. ie ... 'Volume Control' located in the 'Progams - Accessaries - Entertainment' menu if you have a Microsoft OS. There should be seperate property settings for Recording and Play back. Make sure 'Line In' is not muted and that the level is up. The mic jack is a low voltage (a few millivolts)/low impedance input. You might get a fairly good signal if you plug your guitar directly into the mic jack (with out the amp), but guitars, stereos, keyboards and other Line level devices produce higher voltage output. Too much source signal for mic input.
'DADGAD'
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.