posting music question

the fool
the fool
12/31/2003 5:07 pm
I want to post some of the stuff that I do but I don't know how to do it so my questions are: How can I put a song from (1) a cd to the computer and then (2)from the computer to the net? I have the old Roland VS 1880 where I can make my music and put it in a CD but I don't know how to put the song in the computer and the net. Thanks.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 1
the fool
the fool
12/31/2003 5:34 pm
Come on. Doesn't anyone want to hear my trade mark two- finger strumming technique?
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/31/2003 6:07 pm
You're gonna need to rip the CD as an mp3/wma/real media file. Do a Google search for "free mp3 rip" and you'll get a ton of programs. Try to find one that seems the least invasive. What I do is rip the songs to wma using Window Media Player, then I use dBPowerAmp Music Converter to convert the wma to mp3. I do that because I don't trust mp3 rippers to be spyware free.

Make sure that you rip the file at a bit rate low enough so that the file is reasonably small.

Then, you'll need webspace. You can choose to either stream or store your files. There are some good free webhosting places out there (e.g. Tripod, Geocities), but they probably won't give you enough room to post your whole album at once. You'll have to do some research, or maybe someone else can help out there.

Finally, you'll have to post your URL here, so we can all have a listen!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
the fool
the fool
12/31/2003 6:22 pm
Cool! thanx!!!

# 4
the fool
the fool
12/31/2003 8:54 pm
i recorded my song on a vs 1880 roland digital recorder and then put it on a cd. i then copied the cd using the wma. however, when i'm changing it to an mp3, the dmc wont convert it. its says its copy protected and it will not illegally convert protected audio files. i don't know why this is has happened. what should i do?

# 5
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/31/2003 10:15 pm
You have to go to your settings on Windows Media PLayer and turn off Copy Protection. What version of WMP are you running? I've got version 9, and so I'd go to Tools -> Options -> Copy Music and then uncheck the "Copy Protect Music" check box.

Here's the link to dbPowerAmp, btw:

Click here

Hey, I just read the page, and the above link is to a ripper, too. So you can rip directly to mp3. (I needed a converter since I had already ripped all my CDs to wma).

[/sarcasm]
# 6
the fool
the fool
12/31/2003 11:56 pm
When I press Copy Music it just records the song automatically and saves it in a folder. I can't fine the "Copy Protect Music" check box.

# 7
the fool
the fool
12/31/2003 11:58 pm
oh- and how do you know what version of wma you have? Mine just came in with the computer when I bought it months ago. thnx

# 8
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/01/2004 3:03 am
Go to Help -> About.

I think you should just get the dpPowerAmp RMC program that I linked to on the first page. That'll get you straight to mp3.

[/sarcasm]
# 9
the fool
the fool
01/01/2004 3:25 am
Sorry for me making it more complicated than it should be lol. It is easier with the dpPowerAmp RMC. thnx.

# 10
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/01/2004 4:47 am
No problem. I just gave you that suggestion at first, since that's what I did. I didn't know that dpPowerAmp made a free mp3 ripper.

[/sarcasm]
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.