iPhone Se Garage Band question

m.giancarlo2016
m.giancarlo2016
11/14/2017 6:44 am

i have an I phone Se with Garage band software on the phone. I’m overflowing with riffs and song ideas yet becoming frustrated with the thought that I know there’s a routine of recording yourself live and layering tracks to produce a rough mix for your song ideas for the rest of my band. I can’t seem to record what I know is doable on my phone because like my add permits I get too engrossed with tone or something ticklish and i lose my place in the recording process. I’ve checked many online tutorials on recording with org etc but I don’t have those toys yet. Im trying to record two guitar tracks, a bass and throw some drums on it using ext mic however the mixing gets offbalanced and then adjusting the volumes leads to a off timing dilemma and then I’m over it by that point. Any directions you guys found simple when using garage bands external mic for recording a full song? I’ve just learned how to navigate the software but it’s not panning out well. Thanks and I’m open to suggestions pertaining to the tools I have, so please no software bashing or switching suggestions. This is all I have right now. Cheers and thanks again

# 1
m.giancarlo2016
m.giancarlo2016
11/14/2017 6:54 am

I also wanted to incorporate my talk box and though I have a fender PA system I really wanted to keep things compact ....I’m getting back into the saddle again being 29 feeling like I’m getting older and not having a band since March of this year so any inspirations and tips for similar predicaments are welcomed

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.