What kind of software are you using????

Guitar Tricks Forum > Recording > What kind of software are you using????

Kevin Taylor

Guitar Tricks Instructor

I've been on Cubase since about 1993 when Opcode Vision went out of business.
It's an excellent program with a real steep learning curve if you want to fully appreciate it.

Avoid buying it from Canada at all costs though. I dealt with the current President of the company Ray Williams, about 15 years ago.
I basically received zero tech support, zero help and got treated like total dirt by none other than Ray himself.
His last words went something along the lines of "If you don't like it, take it back where you got it"
Then he hung up on me.
Even now there's nothing but complaints about tech support in Canada so I guess Ray is still at it.
Kevin's Guitar Tricks Lessons
Schmange Music U.K./Canada - Home Page
Schmange's iTunes

I've been on Cubase since about 1993 when Opcode Vision went out of business.
It's an excellent program with a real steep learning curve if you want to fully appreciate it.

Avoid buying it from Canada at all costs though. I dealt with the current President of the company Ray Williams, about 15 years ago.
I basically received zero tech support, zero help and got treated like total dirt by none other than Ray himself.
His last words went something along the lines of "If you don't like it, take it back where you got it"
Then he hung up on me.
Even now there's nothing but complaints about tech support in Canada so I guess Ray is still at it.
Kevin's Guitar Tricks Lessons
Schmange Music U.K./Canada - Home Page
Schmange's iTunes

Jean-F. Renaud

I use Sonar 4 Producer Edition with some cool plug-ins.
Jean-Fran├žois Renaud
http://www.myspace.com/jeanfrancoisrenaudmusic

I use Sonar 4 Producer Edition with some cool plug-ins.
Jean-Fran├žois Renaud
http://www.myspace.com/jeanfrancoisrenaudmusic

iiholly

hmm

I just bought a mic today and have been attempting to work with LUNA all day. I don't think I have the capacity to record mentally. Mehg I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure.

I just bought a mic today and have been attempting to work with LUNA all day. I don't think I have the capacity to record mentally. Mehg I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure.

PRSplaya

Full Access

I use Sonar PE 6 when doing in depth multi-track recording, but when I just want to lay down a quick idea of something, I use Audacity. I do this so I can leave Sonar set up for use with my PreSonus Firebox, and Audacity with my laptop's internal soundcard. It just saves a lot of steps.
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

I use Sonar PE 6 when doing in depth multi-track recording, but when I just want to lay down a quick idea of something, I use Audacity. I do this so I can leave Sonar set up for use with my PreSonus Firebox, and Audacity with my laptop's internal soundcard. It just saves a lot of steps.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

Bar Chord Nick

Full Access

I use Reaper and fly by the seat of my pants. Seems to work for me at this point. I'm new to recording but it seems to have all the bells and whistles and it's free. I did pay/donate for mine to help the cause.
My Sound Click Page

I use Reaper and fly by the seat of my pants. Seems to work for me at this point. I'm new to recording but it seems to have all the bells and whistles and it's free. I did pay/donate for mine to help the cause.
My Sound Click Page

da_ardvark

Originally Posted by: PRSplaya

Hey PRS how do you like the version 6? I have an upgrade, but am wondering if it will be wort h the hastle. Have you used version 5? And if so, what new features are actually useful.

Thanks

Originally Posted by: PRSplaya

Hey PRS how do you like the version 6? I have an upgrade, but am wondering if it will be wort h the hastle. Have you used version 5? And if so, what new features are actually useful.

Thanks

PRSplaya

Full Access

I started on version 4, and then got version 6 not too long ago. I've never used version 5. So far, the main difference that I see is just how it looks. I haven't really spent much time with the new version yet though, so I can't really say if it's any better or not.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

I started on version 4, and then got version 6 not too long ago. I've never used version 5. So far, the main difference that I see is just how it looks. I haven't really spent much time with the new version yet though, so I can't really say if it's any better or not.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

Bar Chord Nick

Full Access

My understanding the big advantage is Sonar 6 is a true 64 bit program. I'm not that computer savvy so I don't know what the benefit of this is but if you are not running a 64 bit computer it does you no good. My guitar teacher upgraded to it and upgraded his computer too to take advantage of the 64 bit capabilities. :confused:
My Sound Click Page

My understanding the big advantage is Sonar 6 is a true 64 bit program. I'm not that computer savvy so I don't know what the benefit of this is but if you are not running a 64 bit computer it does you no good. My guitar teacher upgraded to it and upgraded his computer too to take advantage of the 64 bit capabilities. :confused:
My Sound Click Page

ravenx495

Cubase LE. Very easy to use, just like a crazy easy to use for beginners 32 track recording studio on a disk! :D Its also got the sickest effects ever.
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...

Cubase LE. Very easy to use, just like a crazy easy to use for beginners 32 track recording studio on a disk! :D Its also got the sickest effects ever.
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...

Lee Carlson

I use Pro Tools , and on a Mac.
www.leecarlsonmusic.com

I use Pro Tools , and on a Mac.
www.leecarlsonmusic.com