Best songwriters of all time?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Songwriting > Best songwriters of all time?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul John
Lennon and Mcartney are the greatest song writers of all time . Any people that can create Sergeant Pepper and Revolver and Abbey Road and... [/QUOTE]

Surley you jest...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul John
Lennon and Mcartney are the greatest song writers of all time . Any people that can create Sergeant Pepper and Revolver and Abbey Road and... [/QUOTE]

Surley you jest...

I am kind of a Lennon fan bet as far as Mcartnay goes he's over ratted end lives of the fame of the Beatles.
He's got tallent (but it isn't song writing!

I am kind of a Lennon fan bet as far as Mcartnay goes he's over ratted end lives of the fame of the Beatles.
He's got tallent (but it isn't song writing!

He does live off the beatles now but when he was a beatle he was great .

He does live off the beatles now but when he was a beatle he was great .

hello... i'm a newbie here, and joined cause this thread interested me... and i'm all about Beck, Clapton, Hetfield/Hammett, Vai... and the others

But there is someone that i think is one of few artists that writes with thought and emotions, and pretty creative with the sounds he writes...which is extremely rare during these times...

But how about Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls... You could actually follow him mature through the albums... The lyrics could be similar to your life, past or present...(well, to my life at least)... And the sound is unique in it's own, not like all the others these days that add depth by, for example, throwing in Turn Tables... The tunings are just amazing i think... between the drones of the open strings and overtones... it adds a lot of tone to it... but, it's a pain to play them as they are recorded since you'd have to tune your guitar almost after each song, and replace the strings that break along the way...i'll admit that...

i.e.
Here is Gone: C# G# C# G# C# F
Big Machine: D# A# A# D (with the D and high E strings hacked off)
Sympathy: C# G# C# F# C# F# (capo on 2nd fret)
Slide: D# A# D# G# D# D#
Black Balloon: Db Ab Db Ab Db Db
Iris: B D(down) D D(down) D(up) D(down)
Name: D A E A E E

just to name a few...

hello... i'm a newbie here, and joined cause this thread interested me... and i'm all about Beck, Clapton, Hetfield/Hammett, Vai... and the others

But there is someone that i think is one of few artists that writes with thought and emotions, and pretty creative with the sounds he writes...which is extremely rare during these times...

But how about Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls... You could actually follow him mature through the albums... The lyrics could be similar to your life, past or present...(well, to my life at least)... And the sound is unique in it's own, not like all the others these days that add depth by, for example, throwing in Turn Tables... The tunings are just amazing i think... between the drones of the open strings and overtones... it adds a lot of tone to it... but, it's a pain to play them as they are recorded since you'd have to tune your guitar almost after each song, and replace the strings that break along the way...i'll admit that...

i.e.
Here is Gone: C# G# C# G# C# F
Big Machine: D# A# A# D (with the D and high E strings hacked off)
Sympathy: C# G# C# F# C# F# (capo on 2nd fret)
Slide: D# A# D# G# D# D#
Black Balloon: Db Ab Db Ab Db Db
Iris: B D(down) D D(down) D(up) D(down)
Name: D A E A E E

just to name a few...

I don't like the Goo Goo Dolls that much, and just wondering what does your name, cash money, mean? u a rap fan?

I don't like the Goo Goo Dolls that much, and just wondering what does your name, cash money, mean? u a rap fan?

Actually, cash money is my nick from High School... I was a good three point shooter back in the day... and people used to say i was money, then my one friend called my "cash money", as it matches my initials... and the name stuck... no association to the rap group...

As far as rap goes... i don't like alot of it, but some of it has a decent beat... and here's my theory on music...

A good Rap/R$B song could make you move... But only a good Rock song could truly move you...

Actually, cash money is my nick from High School... I was a good three point shooter back in the day... and people used to say i was money, then my one friend called my "cash money", as it matches my initials... and the name stuck... no association to the rap group...

As far as rap goes... i don't like alot of it, but some of it has a decent beat... and here's my theory on music...

A good Rap/R$B song could make you move... But only a good Rock song could truly move you...

I don't much like rap but I did like Run DMC back in the day. I also like Anthrax's I'm The Man (wich I got when it first came out...Actually my partents got me that album on christmas). I would say Anthrax was one of the first groups to combine metal and rap.

Anyone remember when Anthrax made a guest appearance on Married With Children? It was awsome! Pluss Al Bundy is my hero! lol :-p
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.

I don't much like rap but I did like Run DMC back in the day. I also like Anthrax's I'm The Man (wich I got when it first came out...Actually my partents got me that album on christmas). I would say Anthrax was one of the first groups to combine metal and rap.

Anyone remember when Anthrax made a guest appearance on Married With Children? It was awsome! Pluss Al Bundy is my hero! lol :-p
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.

hahaha... wasn't that the episode with peg's "mystery pack" or somthing and after they ate it they started to play???

Also, the other song they did with Public Enemy... Bring the Noise... is a cool song...

on a side note, I think i'm the only Goo Goo Dolls fan in the world...hahaha...

hahaha... wasn't that the episode with peg's "mystery pack" or somthing and after they ate it they started to play???

Also, the other song they did with Public Enemy... Bring the Noise... is a cool song...

on a side note, I think i'm the only Goo Goo Dolls fan in the world...hahaha...

Hehehe. Yup, that was the episode :-)

They should put it on DVD like they did with the sopranos.

Hehehe. Yup, that was the episode :-)

They should put it on DVD like they did with the sopranos.