Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
06/23/2002 9:35 pm
Hi folks!

IĀ“ve decided to post a demo of my band here and i would like to know:

1. What you think of it
and
2. does it need any lyrics or should it stay instrumental

the recording quality is not the best though, but it should be enough to listen to it

i hoipe the link works... just rightclick it and choose "save as"

Demo

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
06/23/2002 10:34 pm
I really like the intro, with the orchestra and the classical guitar in the background.

. . . but then it turns into this hair metal thing.

[Edited by Christoph on 06-23-2002 at 05:37 PM]
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/24/2002 2:17 am
It reminds me of the stuff I used to record with a keyboard player years ago. I called it 'movie soundtrack' music because it was great for letting your mind drift, creating imaginary scenes, (medieaval knighthood in this case), but the melody line is not strong enough to stand alone as a song. Do you plan to add lyrics/vocals?
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
TheDirt
TheDirt
06/24/2002 3:19 pm
Reminds me a lot of a band that I think is pretty unknown called Jangli Jaggas. Check it out on mp3.com

I agree with Lordathestrings. The song sounds like good theme music or background music, but if you want this to be a stand-alone song you should add an outstanding melody on top of what you already have or lyrics, but I wouldn't suggest lyrics over this song unless you're going for a Nordic or Medieval feel (which only some singers can do a decent job at), but I can picture a soaring electric lead (don't take what I say to heart... I think everything could use a soaring electric lead)
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 4
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
06/25/2002 9:14 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
I called it 'movie soundtrack' music because it was great for letting your mind drift, creating imaginary scenes, (medieaval knighthood in this case), but the melody line is not strong enough to stand alone as a song. Do you plan to add lyrics/vocals?

Yepp - thats exactly what itz sĀ“posed to be - and i will add some lyrics... but i dunno what yet. I, or someone else will surely come up with a decent text.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.