Horror Stories

Uncle Istvan
Uncle Istvan
03/31/2000 5:07 am
In November my old band, Ubermensch, attempted to do our first show in downtown Olympia Washington, and were promptly kicked off the stage after less than 5 minutes! We attempted to invent the genre of Techno/Metal/Rap, which, trust me, should never have been concieved. I left that band and started my own straight-edge hardcore group, and were doing pretty good and will start recording in mid- April.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Istvan (edited 03-31-2000).]
# 1
magnus
Guitar Tricks Instructor
magnus
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/31/2000 2:08 pm
Uncle Istvan... Ubermensch? Are you into Nietzsche?
hmmm.. Washington.. How's the sxe scene there today? Is Battery still playing??
# 2
Uncle Istvan
Uncle Istvan
04/01/2000 5:28 am
I've read into Niezche- the drummer and I were into him when we formed the group, and that was the first thing we came up with. The Olympia sXe scene is deader than a doornail- were hoping to revive it. Oly music has gotten fairly boring and pretentious. The Melvins are playing soon. That'll be a good show.
# 3
Uncle Istvan
Uncle Istvan
05/08/2000 4:45 am
The band I've mentioned previously; the Hardcore sXe band, is putting on a hardcore show in a couple weeks. It'll be fun to be out again. We're going to start where I got booted off the stage all those months ago (the Arrowspace for anyone from Oly...). And we've got a permanant name (finally...) which is Concave. Yippie!

[This message has been edited by Uncle Istvan (edited 06-16-2000).]
# 4
AtomicMassUnit
AtomicMassUnit
06/14/2000 1:17 am
as far as horror stories go, i've got many. After a show too far to drive home from I had to share a single bed (the kind meant for one person) with a bisexual girl and my previous band's massive drummer. It was a strange night. Sleeping on floors really sucks, also. I think that given a choice, i'd sleep in my car. Also, big word of advice; never advertise for another bar when you play at a bar. The band who opened for one of my old bands had the misfortune of telling everyone that they were playing another bar the next night, causing the owner to throw them out, doing hundreds of dollars worth of damage to their equipment. I think it's funny, because who would be dumb enough to do that, but hey. I'd love to hear more horror stories.

Atomic
# 5
Thunder69
Thunder69
07/17/2000 3:03 pm
There's an easy way to avoid problems like the one you mentioned about a band mentioning where they are playing next in a competitor's place of business. Many bands that I have seen have a newsletter including a gig schedule that they bring to gigs and distribute to those who are interested in the band's schedule and origins. Also, if there were enough witnesses to see this club owner damage the band's equipment out of malice, the band could have taken the club owner to small claims court, sued for damages and probably won. A slip of the lip is no excuse to damage property (at least in a court of law anyway).

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.