Record labels

Guitar Tricks Forum > The Musician's Life > Record labels

Patri_MA_Ruiz

Hey there everyone!

I thought this could be useful information and also I would like to know your opinion about this. How would you approach a record label? Did you have any experience with this?

Do you believe they are starting to disappear? Social media is allowing musicians to share their music to the world without a label getting money out of that, but I didn't get to know any really big musicians (at least in metal) that are not in a record label - correct me if I'm wrong please! -

What's your opinion on this?

Thank you everyone and have a nice day. :)

Hey there everyone!

I thought this could be useful information and also I would like to know your opinion about this. How would you approach a record label? Did you have any experience with this?

Do you believe they are starting to disappear? Social media is allowing musicians to share their music to the world without a label getting money out of that, but I didn't get to know any really big musicians (at least in metal) that are not in a record label - correct me if I'm wrong please! -

What's your opinion on this?

Thank you everyone and have a nice day. :)

winryember

Hey there,

You can certainly grow your project on your own with all of the DIY marketing and distribution services available. I would argue that building your career DIY for a few years before entering into a contract is vital because you will have more knowledge and clout to negotiate with.

It is possible to make a living through DIY effort, but you are only one person with so much time, energy and resources. Whether or not you ought to work with a record label is entirely dependent on your personal music career goals. Record labels can be a great business partner to help you grow your career if you are ready.

Hey there,

You can certainly grow your project on your own with all of the DIY marketing and distribution services available. I would argue that building your career DIY for a few years before entering into a contract is vital because you will have more knowledge and clout to negotiate with.

It is possible to make a living through DIY effort, but you are only one person with so much time, energy and resources. Whether or not you ought to work with a record label is entirely dependent on your personal music career goals. Record labels can be a great business partner to help you grow your career if you are ready.

luckjust728

With quality content, you can achieve good results yourself. But if you use promotion and all available marketing services, then you can achieve this faster. But one way or another, this is a lot of work that requires effort.

With quality content, you can achieve good results yourself. But if you use promotion and all available marketing services, then you can achieve this faster. But one way or another, this is a lot of work that requires effort.