Here's a thought Jon....

Willdridge
Willdridge
07/01/2000 8:36 pm
Alright, I was reading what it took to be a host here at your wonderful site and I saw your wanted a more varied style base...So I got thinking, what about a actual LESSON section or somethig...Actually help teach styles as well as just the licks? There are some very talented guitarist already host here (Yourself, Johan, Magnus spring to mind - and everyone else, of course, I simply couldn't think of you at this moment in time...sorry!)...I'm sure they'd be able to write a few lessons...The sort of whole page type thing, the things you couldn't really fit into those contribution spaces....It's just a thought, I'm sure there are plenty of players here who'd like to try their hand at helping others, I know I'd like to give it a go...
So, there you go...Just a thought....
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
07/03/2000 5:25 pm
Your note comes at a good time. We are right now planning some major changes to the site.

How would a lesson be different from our standard (1 mp3, 1 explanation, 1 tab) trick format?

Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Willdridge
Willdridge
07/04/2000 8:50 am
Right well, here's what I was thinking...The current system is brillant for exercises, things that you can apply your fingers to the fretboard; however, what you need is a "primer" or introduction to the techniques and ideas (theories, rules, etc.) involved, then the other methods can be used as exercises to "polish-up" the skills.
Basically, the lessons say, "To do this technique it's important that...blah" whereas what the current system could be used for is "try this to develop you blah technique"....that probably make no sense what-so-ever, but there you go!
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
07/13/2000 7:18 pm
I thought it made pretty good sense. thanks.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.