Expand & Improve Guitar Glossary

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/07/2022 12:47 am

Hey, hey Admin,

You suppose that you could expand the GT Toolbox Guitar Glossary to at least cover the terms used in beginner tutorials? Currently, the glossary is pretty sad, as is the reality that I have to go to Dictionary.com to look up music related terms that aren't in the glossary. Currently the glossary is so anemic that some letters consist of definitions for as few as a single word:

I - 3 words

J - 1 word

K - 2 words

L - 4 words

I rarely find what I'm looking for, even words from Guitar Fundamentals 1 & 2. If you need guidance in deciding what words to add, I'm quite certain that members here could provide you with a long list by posting them in this forum. I'll bet that people would even provide you with definitions. All you have to do is add them to the glossary.

The glossary doesn't even have a dedicated search feature. It simply uses the same search engine that exists for searching the entire site. So that searching for a word dealing with music theory often results in a list of available song tutorials rather than a definition. All you need is the most simple of all computer search engines - plain text. Heck, even my Windows freeware notepad app sports a plain text search engine, and a feature rich one to boot.

Nicolai

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/08/2022 5:36 pm

Hey aliasmaximus, thank you for bringing this to our attention! I will be forwarding your comments to our team. We appreciate the feedback.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.